2011 OnePocket.org Player Sponsorship Fund

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
This thread will be our official OnePocket.org player sponsorship fund thread, containing the public accounting of what we have for funds available for sponsorship support, as well as our basic guidelines for how the program will work and who we are sponsoring. I will put the accounting right here in this opening post, and continue to come back here to edit this post as the numbers go up because of contributions, and draw down when we support a player.

The donation page here on OnePocket.org is here:
http://www.onepocket.org/PlayerSponsor.htm

You can contribute via Paypal, credit/debit card or you can mail a check.

I will cover the Paypal fees on this end (I do not believe there are any fees on the contributor end), so what you contribute will show up here in full.

Because Paypal/credit card and check payments are shown in your real name, please be sure to indicate either your screen name or "anonymous" if you do not want me to list your real name here in the accounting.

Best of luck to our first sponsored player, John Brumback, in the US Open One Pocket tournament!

Funds received to date:
Entry to 2011 US Open One Pocket donated by raffle winner Deeman

Entry fee value: 340
Steve Booth: 100
Tom Suarez: 100
lll: 100
Deeman: 50
wgcp: 100
Anonymous1: 200
Dick McMorran: 100
California Billiard Club: 50
Cary: 50
Weatherman: 50
BankshotBob: 50
gbru: 50
Roy Stephensen: 50
1pocketpro: 50
Timothy Cahill: 50
Dustin Miller: 50
wincardona: 100
3railkick: 50
Craig White: 50
Quball1: 50
John Brumback: 150 (John came in tied 17th-24th and generously gave back half of the $300 he won)
JimmyB: 200
Ken Thomason: 100

Total: 2240.00

Applied to sponsored player John Brumback to date:
Hotel 5 nights: 224.00 (half the actual cost, since John shared his room with me, so I paid half myself)
Round trip airfare paid: 422.50
Entry fee US Open One Pocket: 340.00
Airfare to Houston, Texas "Ironman" One Pocket event: 437.30

Total paid: 1423.80

Balance remaining: 816.20

Thank you all for your support!!

Last edited:

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Guidelines for who OnePocket.org will sponsor as a player

Guidelines for who OnePocket.org will sponsor as a player

Some great ideas came up for how to select a player for OnePocket.org to sponsor. Some of the main points that came up over and over again:

1. They should be a member of OnePocket.org
2. They should be expected to handle themselves with dignity as our player representative
3. They should make themselves available as ambassador for OnePocket.org
4. They should be able to play competitively, but they do not have to be a champion

Deeman

Verified Member
onepocket said:
4. They should be able to play competitively, but they do not have to be a champion

But ain't it nice when he is! Good Luck John!

John Brumback

Verified Member
Thanks everyone!!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!

I sure do appreciate all the donations for this. I know ya'll didn't have to and I know times are tuff. Again I appreciate It and I'm very proud to be playing for One Pocket.org!! You all are awesome! Thank you thank you. It would have been hard for me to do this on my own. Man I'm so looking foward to this and meeting everyone that I haven't met yet and seeing everyone that I have.

I just can't tell ya'll how much I appreciate It!! Thanks again to...
Steve Booth and to Onepocket.org, And It's great members!!

Ps: I will donate some back for sure. Win or lose. Wonder who's gonna get to go next year?? This Is a great thing you all have got going. I'm glad I got
to go.If I win It... Am I exempt for next year? lol Thanks again.John Brumback

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
John Brumback said:
I sure do appreciate all the donations for this. I know ya'll didn't have to and I know times are tuff. Again I appreciate It and I'm very proud to be playing for One Pocket.org!! You all are awesome! Thank you thank you. It would have been hard for me to do this on my own. Man I'm so looking foward to this and meeting everyone that I haven't met yet and seeing everyone that I have.

I just can't tell ya'll how much I appreciate It!! Thanks again to...
Steve Booth and to Onepocket.org, And It's great members!!

Ps: I will donate some back for sure. Win or lose. Wonder who's gonna get to go next year?? This Is a great thing you all have got going. I'm glad I got
to go.If I win It... Am I exempt for next year? lol Thanks again.John Brumback

I'm not going to be able to make it to Las Vegas until the finals. See you there.

Deeman

Verified Member
Have a blast John! If you win, you know we might make you our permanent representative! :)

DeeMan

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Deeman said:
Have a blast John! If you win, you know we might make you our permanent representative! :)

DeeMan

John you dont need good luck all you need is a good solid game. And if you bring that you will be ok.

And if you dont wih Ill never talk too you again.

I mean tell your next match. Just play too win and do what you no best.

Give iy all you got and nobody can give any more.

I will be proud off you weather you win or loose. Because you are representing our site.

And you are a winner because you tried. Enjoy the bright lights and glamor. And bank the eyes out off those bright shine pool balls.

Make it a memory off a life time. And you have the support off the whole site behind you.

And I hope you and Billy I play the finalle match for the championchip. Ill take a million too one that happines.

But both plauers have too play.

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
onepocket said:
This thread will be our official OnePocket.org player sponsorship fund thread, containing the public accounting of what we have for funds available for sponsorship support, as well as our basic guidelines for how the program will work and who we are sponsoring. I will put the accounting right here in this opening post, and continue to come back here to edit this post as the numbers go up because of contributions, and draw down when we support a player.

The donation page here on OnePocket.org is here:
http://www.onepocket.org/PlayerSponsor.htm

You can contribute via Paypal, credit/debit card or you can mail a check.

I will cover the Paypal fees on this end (I do not believe there are any fees on the contributor end), so what you contribute will show up here in full.

Because Paypal/credit card and check payments are shown in your real name, please be sure to indicate either your screen name or "anonymous" if you do not want me to list your real name here in the accounting.

Best of luck to our first sponsored player, John Brumback, in the US Open One Pocket tournament!

Funds received to date:
Entry to 2011 US Open One Pocket donated by raffle winner Deeman

Entry fee value: 340
Steve Booth: 100
Tom Suarez: 100
lll: 100
Deeman: 50
wgcp: 100
Anonymous1: 200
Dick McMorran: 100
California Billiard Club: 50
Cary: 50
Weatherman: 50
BankshotBob: 50
gbru: 50
Roy Stephensen: 50
1pocketpro: 50
Timothy Cahill: 50
Dustin Miller: 50
wincardona: 100
3railkick: 50

Total: 1690.00

Applied to sponsored player John Brumback to date:
Committed to hotel 5 nights: 222.50 (half the actual cost, since John will be sharing the room with me)
Round trip airfare paid: 422.50
Entry fee US Open One Pocket: 340.00

Total paid/committed: 985.00

Balance remaining: 705.00

Thank you all for your support!!
We now have John Brumback fully covered for the US Open One Pocket in Las Vegas, and we have some seed money left towards a future event -- thank you for your support!