2011 DCC - "CaliRed" Presents - Episode 7 - "SVB vs Alex Onepocket Semi's"

CaliRed

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
1,963
2011 DCC - "CaliRed" Presents - Episode 7 - "SVB vs Alex Onepocket Semi's"

Wow! This one took a day and half to finally get posted! First I screwed up and spaced the fact that the file splits at 4 gig and I uploaded about a 1/3 of the match. This is the biggest video I have uploaded, coming in at about 66 mins. Which is a 3.3 gig file. It was cranking away for about 5 hours uploading yesterday and got to 87% and then the "error" came up. Nothing to do, but start all over.


This is the semi-final match at the Derby City Classic Onepocket, between Shane Van Boening and Alex Pagulayan. Filmed on Jan 27th at 7:00 pm. There was Shannon Daulton, Earl Strickland, Alex and Shane, and Scott Frost, left in the tournament in the previous round. Alex lost to Earl, Shannon had a bye, and Shane beat Scott. This left Shannon playing Earl on the TV Table and Alex and Shane battling it out to see who gets in the Finals.

At the beginning of the this video, I included about 11 mins of the final game between Shane and Scott from the previous round. Shane's only loss in the Onepocket, was to Scott Frost, which he lost 3-2. This time, Shane beats him 3-0. So, when you fire up the video, you will see how Shane won his match against Scott to get to the semi's to play Alex. It was a nice bank with nice speed.

I didn't listen to the whole video, so if my mic picks up someone talking about your mother, don't hold me accountable.


So find a hour of your time, to sit back and watch how 2 great rotation players, play onepocket. Alex certainly has the advantage over Shane in onepocket experience. He has had many battles with Dippy over the past year, playing for days at a time, giving up huge spots (18-5).

Don't forget to hit the Full Screen button! Enjoy the glorious High Definition!

"><iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/20272865" frameborder="0" height="506" width="900"></iframe>
 

androd

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
7,341
It makes it easier to watch Alex, now that I can fast forward it.:D
"Yep----- He looks'em over" :)
Rod.
 

wincardona

Verified Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
7,556
CaliRed said:
Wow! This one took a day and half to finally get posted! First I screwed up and spaced the fact that the file splits at 4 gig and I uploaded about a 1/3 of the match. This is the biggest video I have uploaded, coming in at about 66 mins. Which is a 3.3 gig file. It was cranking away for about 5 hours uploading yesterday and got to 87% and then the "error" came up. Nothing to do, but start all over.


This is the semi-final match at the Derby City Classic Onepocket, between Shane Van Boening and Alex Pagulayan. Filmed on Jan 27th at 7:00 pm. There was Shannon Daulton, Earl Strickland, Alex and Shane, and Scott Frost, left in the tournament in the previous round. Alex lost to Earl, Shannon had a bye, and Shane beat Scott. This left Shannon playing Earl on the TV Table and Alex and Shane battling it out to see who gets in the Finals.

At the beginning of the this video, I included about 11 mins of the final game between Shane and Scott from the previous round. Shane's only loss in the Onepocket, was to Scott Frost, which he lost 3-2. This time, Shane beats him 3-0. So, when you fire up the video, you will see how Shane won his match against Scott to get to the semi's to play Alex. It was a nice bank with nice speed.

I didn't listen to the whole video, so if my mic picks up someone talking about your mother, don't hold me accountable.


So find a hour of your time, to sit back and watch how 2 great rotation players, play onepocket. Alex certainly has the advantage over Shane in onepocket experience. He has had many battles with Dippy over the past year, playing for days at a time, giving up huge spots (18-5).

Don't forget to hit the Full Screen button! Enjoy the glorious High Definition!

"><iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/20272865" frameborder="0" height="506" width="900"></iframe>
WOW!!! That was something special.

I would like to start off with thanking Greg for filming this for all of us to enjoy. Great job Greg.:)

Shane played flawlessly against Frost, and then continued to play just about a perfect set against Alex. He would of with the exception of allowing Alex to see the 1 ball in game 3, where Alex played beautifully running 6 balls and then played a good shot that looked like he had Shane in a very tough spot. Shane once again showed us why is is one of if not the best ball striker in the world today when he banked ...I believe it was the 6 ball... cross corner to steal the 3rd. and final game of the set.

Shane and Alex both are in my opinion possibly the two best ball strikers in the world today. I can imagine when their at the table how confident they must feel because of that. They have the ability to expand their options, not only with being more creative but with choosing certain shots to increase their ball running production, as Shane showed us in game 3 to run out.

I also like how deliberate Shane was when he was at the table, not shooting anything untill he was comfortable with his shot selection. Both players have the ability to controll the cue ball and put it just about where they want it, regardless of the situation. Their both very smart players and imo are solidly two of the best 5 one pocket players in the world today.

I played Shane in Galveston, where he beat me 5 games in a row giving me one hit and the pick. At that time he wasn't regarded as a top one pocket player, but he never missed a ball on me and made many tough shots in tough situations, and that really impressed me. I then played Tony Chohan the same game and beat him fairly easy, if that means anything.;)

Finally I would like to add this, if you want a better chance to beat a top player, PUT THEM ON A TABLE WITH 4 INCH POCKETS.:p

Billy I.
 

stljohnny

Verified Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2010
Messages
101
Does anyone know why Shane dropped some cash in Scott's case after the match? Watch the 10 minute mark, both guys are at the table breaking down cues, Shane pulls out some folding paper, takes some off, and very slyly places it in Scott's case. What's up with that? Or am I being naive?
 

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
wincardona said:
WOW!!! That was something special.

I would like to start off with thanking Greg for filming this for all of us to enjoy. Great job Greg.:)

Shane played flawlessly against Frost, and then continued to play just about a perfect set against Alex. He would of with the exception of allowing Alex to see the 1 ball in game 3, where Alex played beautifully running 6 balls and then played a good shot that looked like he had Shane in a very tough spot. Shane once again showed us why is is one of if not the best ball striker in the world today when he banked ...I believe it was the 6 ball... cross corner to steal the 3rd. and final game of the set.

Shane and Alex both are in my opinion possibly the two best ball strikers in the world today. I can imagine when their at the table how confident they must feel because of that. They have the ability to expand their options, not only with being more creative but with choosing certain shots to increase their ball running production, as Shane showed us in game 3 to run out.

I also like how deliberate Shane was when he was at the table, not shooting anything untill he was comfortable with his shot selection. Both players have the ability to controll the cue ball and put it just about where they want it, regardless of the situation. Their both very smart players and imo are solidly two of the best 5 one pocket players in the world today.

I played Shane in Galveston, where he beat me 5 games in a row giving me one hit and the pick. At that time he wasn't regarded as a top one pocket player, but he never missed a ball on me and made many tough shots in tough situations, and that really impressed me. I then played Tony Chohan the same game and beat him fairly easy, if that means anything

Finally I would like to add this, if you want a better chance to beat a top player, PUT THEM ON A TABLE WITH 4 INCH POCKETS...:p

Billy I.
Billy, You know I respect your opinion on all things pool related...But I really think you have a hang up on small pocket games. I can see your point a little, but not to the extent that you put it out there....Heres my my take from another thread >>> http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=63232&postcount=28
 
Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
1,963
stljohnny said:
Does anyone know why Shane dropped some cash in Scott's case after the match? Watch the 10 minute mark, both guys are at the table breaking down cues, Shane pulls out some folding paper, takes some off, and very slyly places it in Scott's case. What's up with that? Or am I being naive?
Yeah, I saw that too:confused:

Lenny wrote over at AZB

"Your doing a great job bud, hopefully your there next year to capture some of the behind the scenes stuff, I think I even saw a saver in one your videos.
"

So Lenny, does Shane and Scott say "Whoever wins, gives the other guy a couple of hundred because of the payout difference"?

Obviously if that's the case, you can bet it had nothing to do with the match, it was simply saying whoever gets lucky and advances gets a couple of hundred extra, because of the difference in payouts? I guess they both thought it could go either way.

Is that fairly accurate Lenny?

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="bottom" width="15%">Place
</td> <td align="center" valign="bottom" width="60%">Playername
</td> <td align="center" valign="bottom" width="25%">Prize Money
</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">1st
</td> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">Shane Van Boening
</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f7f7ef">$11,000.00
</td> </tr><tr> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">2nd
</td> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">Earl Strickland
</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f7f7ef">$6,000.00
</td> </tr><tr> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">3rd
</td> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">Shannon Daulton
</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f7f7ef">$2,600.00
</td> </tr><tr> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">3rd
</td> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">Alex Pagulayan
</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f7f7ef">$2,600.00
</td> </tr><tr> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">5th
</td> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">Scott Frost
</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f7f7ef">$1,925.00
</td> </tr><tr> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">6th
</td> <td bgcolor="#f7f7ef">Brandon Shuff
</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f7f7ef">$1,400.00
</td></tr></tbody></table>
 

CaliRed

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
1,963
wincardona said:
WOW!!! That was something special.

I would like to start off with thanking Greg for filming this for all of us to enjoy. Great job Greg.:)

Billy I.
Thanks Billy! So did I come off as a bit of a idiot, everywhere you saw me I"m hauling around a tripod in one hand, and a camera bouncing around on my beer belly and a coke in the other hand?:D

I'm curious, when you watched this, did you click the Full Screen icon, so you could see it really big, instead of the small one in the post? If you didn't, when you see my videos, just click the 4 arrows icon just to the left of the Vimeo logo at the bottom right of the video or another way, is to hit play, the right click anywhere on the video and choose Enter Full Screen.
 
Top