Search results

1. G

Rules question: picking up the balls

Ok, so this came up the other night in the 1p league I run. I was not present at the time so the players made their own decision, then asked me later how I would rule on the situation. While there's not much I can do at that point, I wanted to solicit feedback as I couldn't really find what I...
  2. G

Ghost, making the evening news...

Hey Bruce, looking good sir! https://www.facebook.com/JakeHamiltonFox32Chicago/videos/1725170557713719/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. G

Frost/DO update thread

Updates here! Scott makes the first mistake in game 1 with all the balls on the table, not clearing a ball and leaving Dennis a shot at his hole. cost him 3 balls already as I'm typing.
  4. G

Winters vs Perron, Jr - who do you like?

Supposed to start on the 24th, 10 ahead for $10k per side. However... Saw that Shane posted that his backer dropped out and he was looking for people to pick up the $8k still open on his side. I'm sure people will jump on him. Maybe a chance to get your money in if you like Shane's end of it...
  5. G

Corner Ball leaking out

Ok, this is one of those things I've always wondered about and have very limited understanding of. What makes the corner ball leak out on the break? (Towards your opponents pocket) Recently, I was told that a gap anywhere down the side of the rack you're hitting can make the likelihood go up...
  6. G

Tony Returning Billy's break

Inspired by Cincy's WWYD from Thorpe v Chohan I started watching the match. The shot Cincy posted from game 1 is from the same game as this break. If you haven't watched it, I won't say what Tony does, but it just struck me as a big mistake. Curious what others would do when faced with this...
  7. G

1st 1 pocket league season done - success!

I love the game and I was convinced there was a market for a 1p league where I live (NW Indiana/Chicago). Despite some initial fear of this being a monumental disaster, I decided to cast my doubts aside, do my homework, and put out a 1 pocket league platform that I hoped the players would love...
  8. G

Starting a 1P league - feedback wanted

Hello all! I don't post much, but I do plenty of lurking (err... learning) when I can. I am in the process of starting a handicapped 1P league in my local pool room and I've done the best I can putting together what I think I'll need to run a successful league. I wanted to share what I've put...
  9. G

Recommend some matches with great commentary...

(Credit to Mr Incardona for mentioning this idea in another thread) I watch a lot of 1p matches from youtube and ustream but Billy makes a great point that having knowledgeable (player) commentators can really bring the educational value of the video way up, which is exactly what I want. Can any...