Death ball

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
How well does death ball play. He came in to our room yesterday with all his stupid b.s.. I can't play, I need 10-4 from you and this from that guy etc. I saw him at derby one year and scooter wanted to play him even. I know how well scooter plays. I been told all kind of stuff about this guy. He lays down one hell of an act. Thanks

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
At DCC 2016, I felt I was playing exceptionally well (for me), and so I needed a practice table before my match. I asked him to play some cheap and he asked for 12-4. We played a race to 3 for $200 and I ended up winning hill hill. But that game was definitely lopsided. They call him Death Ball because he wins 4 out of 5 proposition games.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
How well does death ball play. He came in to our room yesterday with all his stupid b.s.. I can't play, I need 10-4 from you and this from that guy etc. I saw him at derby one year and scooter wanted to play him even. I know how well scooter plays. I been told all kind of stuff about this guy. He lays down one hell of an act. Thanks

that's funny. me and matt were just talking about this guy a week ago....

unoperro

Verified Member
people that win have their own way that works for them to win.
and people that lose find the way that works best for them to lose.

I read this and couldn't see the header where it says the members name who is posting, I knew it was beatle!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I believe it is the same guy I seen in Vegas in the action area back in around '09. The action area had about (12) 7- footers. He was asking and getting the Break, the 6, and the first shot after the break with ball in hand. He was real good at making combinations on the 6. Looked to me that he had a good stroke.
Guys were playing him, he had a good hustle going, another black guy came up to him ask for a $1,000 to gamble, that was all it took, guys were lined up trying to get his cash. Cash they thought he had, anyway.
A friend of mine wanted to play him and ask if I would go in with him, I said nope. It was a short set for $200. Afterwards I told him you were lucky you did not loose more, he was smart and quit.
He only played good when he had to, other then that he missed shots but they were like safe misses, but guys could not figure him out, and played him. He did not need any gab to get them to play.
He walked around with an old cue broke down holding it in his hands, no cue case.

Ran into Ronnie, Ernesto, and Robin Bell, she looked great, so sweat. So it was good seeing those guys that were part of the old Palace scene. Whitey

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Super annoying guy imo. He got me to give him some crazy game at the derby and played poorly looking for a big score. I knew he was a lock-up artist. I told him I’ll play one now and will be back tonight to play all night. So he dumps the first game for 100... and 2 hours later I was on the plane home 🤣. Not my style normally but I had no problem doing that in this case. 😂😂. True story.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Super annoying guy imo. He got me to give him some crazy game at the derby and played poorly looking for a big score. I knew he was a lock-up artist. I told him I’ll play one now and will be back tonight to play all night. So he dumps the first game for 100... and 2 hours later I was on the plane home 🤣. Not my style normally but I had no problem doing that in this case. 😂😂. True story.
He deserves at least that for getting me / us off our action table that one year. I think I was playing Ghost and he had to take a quick break and by the time he got back DB had his money in the table and assumed the table since we were not actively playing but I was clearly waiting on my opponent and we told him as much and that the table was in use....oh well, good job Mitch, karma is a biatch :)

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
It's amusing at first , sort of like a drunk guy is funny for about 5 seconds
It all seems like fun and games , but somebody's always gotta pay for the music.