i know thats not the proper rule

tylerdurden

Verified Member
fwiw
my $.02
since player B didnt say anything until player A moved the cue ball
its snooze you lose.....:eek:....:p
i know thats not the proper rule

I read the rules and it actually mentions "snooze you lose" in italics, but it is in a negative fashion, saying something like "snooze you lose is not the actual rule" as you say (paraphrase). I am too lazy to look up the exact text :heh

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I read the rules and it actually mentions "snooze you lose" in italics, but it is in a negative fashion, saying something like "snooze you lose is not the actual rule" as you say (paraphrase). I am too lazy to look up the exact text :heh

Here is the actual quote:

9.4 If any owed balls, or balls that have fallen into a neutral pocket are forgotten and later remembered, then instead of being spotted after the current shooter’s inning, they are spotted after the end of the next player’s inning, unless there are no balls left on the table, in which case they are all spotted immediately. In any case, any owed balls are not forgiven, but still must be paid.

In practice, forgotten balls may be spotted at any time after they are remembered, as long as both players agree on the timing; if either player objects to an earlier spotting, then rule 9.4 should be followed.

Please note that playing ‘snooze you lose’ is the rare exception in house rules; it is by no means the standard rule, and it should only be accepted when it is clearly and mutually agreed on by both players before play begins

Obviously the authors have taken pains to state that these are the formal onepocket.org rules for tournaments, and for those who want to adhere to them privately. They are either sanctioned or very closely mimicked by the DCC, SCT, U.S. Open 1P, and other regional, national and international events. When there is a circumstance not explicitly covered in these rules, then the WPA rules are deferred to.

HOWEVER they do state that there are variations that exist at the local level, from room to room, or from player to player; and that it is best to check prior to the session.

For anyone who hasn't yet realized, these rules are right at the top of the page on a drop down menu, "Playing the Game". The answer to 99.5% of the ruling questions are covered in those rules. Of course there's nothing wrong with discussing a rules change, or relating the time that X did Y to me, resulting in W...:D

Doc