joyner/smabjon # 2

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
1-1 in games joyner broke wing ball hit the q and here is how he left the break.
sambajon first inning the game. tough spot . what would you do???
ss1.jpg

Eagleshot

From
Philadelphia, PA
Come off the 7 pushing it towards the side rail. Reposition the cue frozen or as close as possible to the side rail or end rail opposite Cliff's pocket.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Come off the 7 pushing it towards the side rail. Reposition the cue frozen or as close as possible to the side rail or end rail opposite Cliff's pocket.

About as good as anything I see also.
Rod.
P.S.Tough spot. You might be able to draw off the 9 ball and spin under the 5 ball. Maybe.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Cloidius

Verified Member
yep...

yep...

Good option, but instead of close to the side rail, I would focus on leaving on the end rail, doubling him up on the 15 and 3. If he can shoot the 5 it might be over.

Clyde Netzley, IV

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I like shooting through the 14/4 and follow the cueball to the end rail and underneath and behind the 5 ball

Jimmy B

Verified Member

This is exactly what I would do. Just follow thru the solid and stripe and as they go their separate ways, I would go behind the five and send a couple of balls in my pocket or very very close. Oh did someone else mention this shot already? They must have did so while I was working on this. You know what they say. Great minds and all.. But seriously, we have to sponsor Rob The Hacker, if not this time then next time. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Good shot..

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I like shooting through the 14/4 and follow the cueball to the end rail and underneath and behind the 5 ball

Good shot Rob, I like it very much. It should be relatively easy to execute as well.

The only other shot I see is a potential sell out if missed. If Santos wanted to get squirrelly he could play the thirteen ball carom. But I like your shot far better.

Tom

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
wwyd

wwyd

6 months ago I would of tried to kick off the rail, catch a little under the 4 ball, for a 4/14 combo carum off the 13 and hopfully leave the cue ball down near that combo on the foot rail. I would most likely sell out 4 out of 5 times, but If I make it then I feel like a champ lol.

Now I would play it safe, go off the 7 and try to leave the cueball up near the far corner and on the headstring - make is as tough on the other player.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
6 months ago I would of tried to kick off the rail, catch a little under the 4 ball, for a 4/14 combo carum off the 13 and hopfully leave the cue ball down near that combo on the foot rail. I would most likely sell out 4 out of 5 times, but If I make it then I feel like a champ lol.

Now I would play it safe, go off the 7 and try to leave the cueball up near the far corner and on the headstring - make is as tough on the other player.

all i can say about your choice from 6 months ago is......:eek:...:eek:.....:D
your shot choices are improving...:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

i will not be responsible for your waistline....:eek:...:heh...:D
but you get another cookie......:D
sambajon didnt get to the end rail but
these type of shooting thru the balls shots come up often enough to show this layout
sambajon seems to like them as ive seen him get out of alot of traps this way
ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

backplaying

Verified Member
How many here would now bank the 10 into the 5 using the stripe by them to stop the cueball?

backplaying

Verified Member
III, thanks for posting these. These are the threads most people want to see, and are the most educational. There's no doubt that a few of these a day would gain many more members in my opinion.