Him vs. You

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
As part of my experiment to prevent you from arguing all day about what SVB or Cornbread or Bugs or Daulton or Deuel or Earl or any other player should've, would've or could've shot from here, I'll show the player when I show his shot...suckers:):p:D

It's your shot. What would you do?

Your Shot.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm banking at my pocket, if I get lucky, I can bank the 12 ball and bury him on the 9 ball.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Bank the 15 two rails long rail into my pocket and go two rails and kick away 2 ball by my opponents pocket. Make percentage is high and its nearly impossible to miss your opponents 2 ball as this is its natural path.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Bank the 15 two rails long rail into my pocket and go two rails and kick away 2 ball by my opponents pocket. Make percentage is high and its nearly impossible to miss your opponents 2 ball as this is its natural path.

Yes I like that shot a lot. I didn't see it til you posted.:p
Rod.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I could shoot into the 15 and drag the cb far enough along the short rail to leave no shot to pocket the 4, but that other scoundrel would just bunt the 4closer to his pocket and hide it from me, so that's out. I think the 1 ball would prevent two-railing the 15 successfully (preclude it, as one of our posters would say). That's out too.

I'm going to kick two rails at the 4, and try to hit it just hard enough to move it away and go uptable with the cb.

If there's anything tricky available here, I can't see it.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
i'd 2 rail kick, end rail then side rail. hit it easy.

I'm with this choice (along with lll) too. The location of the 4 ball just a ball or so off the side rail makes it a pretty good location to kick softly without scratching, and end up safe, with the 4-ball a few important inches away from their hole, with the cue ball often nudged comfortably behind the 4.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
i'd 2 rail kick, end rail then side rail. hit it easy.

I'm with this choice (along with lll) too. The location of the 4 ball just a ball or so off the side rail makes it a pretty good location to kick softly without scratching, and end up safe, with the 4-ball a few important inches away from their hole, with the cue ball often nudged comfortably behind the 4.

I have to agree with these guys. You have a pretty big target along that long rail to hit in and if you scratch, well it may not be the end of the world anyway, but you won't scratch anyway. Hey Tyler, were you on stickam late last nite about 5 am hanging out with three blondes??

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Ok ok, now let me get a word in edgewise guys (ok bad joke). I practice these one rail kicks because they come up so much. I even do practice them from frozen on the rail too (as some may have learned in another not-to-be-named thread about a kick I talked about for a week). I realize there is a buffer there on those 3 rail kicks, but I think I have done that maybe once in my life in a serious game, which all that really says is i'm just not that comfortable with them myself. But if you like 3 miller, I will shoot it that way next time for my dough just because I like you :D

Anyway, the one rails are important, I practice them and there are even very simple systems to help you out with them too. I feel very comfortable being pretty dam accurate with them. Now, as for other shots, I miss those by .75 diamonds, but these one rail kicks I can do :) Just lay that ball close to his hole on the end rail with as close to a half ball hit as you can get and you should get outta this pretty well.

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Hey Tyler, were you on stickam late last nite about 5 am hanging out with three blondes??

I have a heavy propensity towards brunettes, it may have been my alter ego though, we both prefer even numbers anyway, so no.

To larry, you are finally coming around with some good shot selections :p :heh

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Ok ok, now let me get a word in edgewise guys (ok bad joke). I practice these one rail kicks because they come up so much. I even do practice them from frozen on the rail too (as some may have learned in another not-to-be-named thread about a kick I talked about for a week). I realize there is a buffer there on those 3 rail kicks, but I think I have done that maybe once in my life in a serious game, which all that really says is i'm just not that comfortable with them myself. But if you like 3 miller, I will shoot it that way next time for my dough just because I like you :D

Anyway, the one rails are important, I practice them and they are even very simple systems to help you out with them too. I feel very comfortable being pretty dam accurate with them. Now, as for other shots, I miss those by .75 diamonds, but these one rail kicks I can do :) Just lay that ball close to his hole on the end rail with as close to a half ball hit as you can get and you should get outta this pretty well.

ok. just curious. after watching jimmy reid's almost all i know, i'm just fixated on the three railer there. if you hit it good, its an excellent shot...if you hit it bad, its a good shot.

also curious - is it really tyler durden or are you just a big palahniuk (i.e. fight club) fan?

i should have taken up the moniker henry chinaski after my favorite author. :D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like Island Drive's shot post#5 and Larry's shot post#9. Both shots are easily executed with a high percentage success rate. jmo.

Dr. Bill