Tony "Banks" Coleman

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cal said:
Last explanation of this BS, My question didn't pertain to any individual or situation. The question is still why is it that some players play better on someone else dime than on their own. As to Viffer & John B. I could care less whatever their dispute may be ,as to my opinion to any situation or question "I have without question " EARNED my right to voice my opinion on any matter. I have walked the walk and have earned the right to talk the talk if I so choose to.

Sir,I'll be glad to answer your question. It's an easy one too.Pressure!!!
Another thing about this Is,at least for me.I think I play better when I know that my backer has plenty of $.When I know that, I can play more loose and better.I never did like playing on someone's $ knowing they would be running short If I were to lose.So It's all about taking some pressure off for me.and maybe not having the $
Hope that helps,Bud.John B. I should add that It could be the player just doesn't have the money.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
unfortunately im not someone stakehorses seek out:mad: :( :eek:
but heres my 2 cents anyway:D
if you are jew paul (from the stories i read) or dippy you are playing for amounts that dont matter .
if you lose your lifestyle doesnt change

when playing for amounts that if you lose you sleep in your car
carries extra pressure beyond winning or losing

so even tho assuming you care about the backer(not dumping)
one level of pressure is removed playing with a backer
if you lose you are in the same place

that little bit of less pressure should help you play better

thats my opinion but what do i know

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
unfortunately im not someone stakehorses seek out:mad: :( :eek:
but heres my 2 cents anyway:D
if you are jew paul (from the stories i read) or dippy you are playing for amounts that dont matter .
if you lose your lifestyle doesnt change

when playing for amounts that if you lose you sleep in your car
carries extra pressure beyond winning or losing

so even tho assuming you care about the backer(not dumping)
one level of pressure is removed playing with a backer
if you lose you are in the same place

that little bit of less pressure should help you play better

thats my opinion but what do i know

I have played with backer's and I have played on my own...If the backer is a close friend, I feel more pressure, than I do playing on my own $$$. This is true, even if the friend just has a piece of my action. I think it is because I try harder, and take less risk on a friends money, and I don't play my normal game.

If the backer is ultra wealthy, and a big loss will not really hurt him, the opposite is true, I may play better...Bottom line, I prefer playing my own $$$..Then you can let the shaft out, with no remorse if you screw up...You are on your own..:cool:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Bottom line, I prefer playing my own $$$..Then you can let the shaft out, with no remorse if you screw up...You are on your own..:cool:
That very same thing is what scares people who cannot or will not bet their own money. Not too many people were ever staked against me but I hated playing guys who weren't betting their own. The same guys who played tight and protected their own cash freewheeled and shot at everything on OP's cash.

I don't care who the player is, RA, Efren, or any other top player, if he ain't bettin' his own it means nothing to me what he's done in his illustrious career.

If a man can't bet his own he should get a job. If he has a job he should get a higher paying one.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Banks said:
Not a bad idea.. are you hiring?
Do you know how to operate a weedwhacker? It will be necessary after you have shorn & groomed the lawn to perfection. $30 a week is what I paid last sunday but of course the grass was so high in the backyard that rabbits & groundhogs were making out and you'd never have seen them in the cover provided. $25 would be a normal fee for regular length lawn. Get back to me if interested.

Dennis

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Cowboy Dennis said:
$30 a week

Sorry, I haven't been playing pool that long, I'll let the neighborhood kids take that one. Unless you offer 401k, fully paid medical, dental and at least 4 weeks off(paid, of course). For $20, I may be able to find you a goat. :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Banks said:
For $20, I may be able to find you a goat. :D
For $20 I can get four cheap Detroit hookers to cut the grass and give me a trim.

P.S. I had a goat last year but she jumped the fence and got hit by a Miller Lite truck:eek: .

Dennis