Tony "Banks" Coleman

tonybanks

Freddie The Beard, I just got your message. I've been registered for several months but I've never used this. I don't know what the hell I'm doing on here, just trying to figure this out. LOL!!!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Welcome aboard, Tony B

Welcome aboard, Tony B

tonybanks said:
Freddie The Beard, I just got your message. I've been registered for several months but I've never used this. I don't know what the hell I'm doing on here, just trying to figure this out. LOL!!!

Good to have your good shootin' ass around. Now you got to get little Gina to start posting also.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Tony got the cheese?

Tony got the cheese?

Just heard that our boy Tony Banks put a gigantic strumming on the Viffer playing bank pool. Enough for a couple of Mercedes. Great news. Viffer must have tried to out bet him. Not a good idea. Tony has no use for money when he is gambling. The original straight thru ticket.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Revision?

Revision?

After getting a call from someone that knows Tony Coleman well, who told me Tony won 120k, I just got another call from someone in Vegas who should also know the true story, that told me the game between Tony and Dippy never happened. ??? Both sources should know what they are talking about. Maybe I'll try and call Tony today and find out one way or the other.

Beard

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
Seems like a lot of pool detectives have been off their game lately...Viffer seems to be in the middle of most of the disputed stories.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
He did win the cheese

He did win the cheese

BUD GREEN said:
Seems like a lot of pool detectives have been off their game lately...Viffer seems to be in the middle of most of the disputed stories.

Got off the phone with Tony this morning. Turns out he did win about 120k when the smoke cleared, over a period of about 9 days. He says he got chiseled out of about another 30k and lost about 20k betting on Scott Frost. He also said the so called "dump" offer to Chris Bartram at DCC was a definite misunderstanding.

Beard

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
Torn between the need to know, and the "If you are not involved, its not your damn business" on this one.

Seems to me that most people would wonder what the "chiseled out of 30k" means.

Did I phrase that properly to ensure that I don't catch flack, but still find out what happened?

What was the game anyways? Brumback was supposed to play him 7-3 short rack banks...was this a similar game?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
BUD GREEN said:
Torn between the need to know, and the "If you are not involved, its not your damn business" on this one.

Seems to me that most people would wonder what the "chiseled out of 30k" means.

Did I phrase that properly to ensure that I don't catch flack, but still find out what happened?

What was the game anyways? Brumback was supposed to play him 7-3 short rack banks...was this a similar game?
freddy good reporting:)

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I"m curious too... what was the game? Over 9 days... Was Viffer in action for 9 days straight? Kind of like where he played many different people over those 9 days? Tony Coleman, one or 2 two sets.. then frost one or 2 sets, then someone else, then Tony again...that kind of thing?

That's the thing with dudes with the money... you got to sit there for as many days as it takes, keep trying to woof up a game in between everyone else's game. It usually takes on a look of a pack of wolves circling the wounded lamb:D Everyone is circling, ready to pounce with their offer... they jump in, tear a limb from the lamb and go off in the corner and enjoy it.. then they get back in the pack again.. waiting, waiting... you're competing with a whole pack of wolves too... so there is some rules.

It's certainly none of my business either, but I am a professional pool sweator, so I wonder what the hell happened over those 9 days. Did he finally book a winner against Scott? I heard that might have abeen a big one too. PM's welcome too... anything that I'm told not to repeat, I don't... but damnit... I'm a curious george, can't help it:D

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
CaliRed said:
a PM's welcome too... anything that I'm told not to repeat, I don't... but damnit... I'm a curious george, can't help it:D

Anything I'm told not to repeat..... I tell whoever I tell, not to repeat it. :)
Rod.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
One and stop

One and stop

Tony said he won most of the money playing one and stop. Which means he is only allowed one shot per inning. If he happens to make one, it automatically becomes Viffers shot. He said he won 30k (2 sets race to 7) initially playing Viffer one and a safety. Which meant if he made a bank he could play a safety afterwards. In between, Tony also said he lost 20k back to Viffer betting on him playing Scott Frost. Insofar as the last 30k or so Tony claimed he got chiseled out of, he didnt make that very clear to me. Something like Vif wouldnt finish the set or the like. Not sure. Tony didnt actually complain much about it, since he was happy with the 140k that went before.
It would be interesting to get Cardone's version, as he was there and probably involved somewhat.

Beard

Tony said they would play so many hours, quit, rest for whatever time it took, and then start playing again.

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Tony said he won most of the money playing one and stop. Which means he is only allowed one shot per inning. If he happens to make one, it automatically becomes Viffers shot. He said he won 30k (2 sets race to 7) initially playing Viffer one and a safety. Which meant if he made a bank he could play a safety afterwards. In between, Tony also said he lost 20k back to Viffer betting on him playing Scott Frost. Insofar as the last 30k or so Tony claimed he got chiseled out of, he didnt make that very clear to me. Something like Vif wouldnt finish the set or the like. Not sure. Tony didnt actually complain much about it, since he was happy with the 140k that went before.
It would be interesting to get Cardone's version, as he was there and probably involved somewhat.

Beard

Tony said they would play so many hours, quit, rest for whatever time it took, and then start playing again.

Details man details! Get him on here and make him tell us all about It.
Congrats to Tony Banks!! WOW!!!Good shootin Tony!! A little birdie told me the Dip has Improved alot.I'm pretty sure I chewd my foot off and got out of the trap.John B.

Viffer

Verified Member
i dont know if you got out of trap or not, but all the little birdies have made it so my sponsors from poker and my girl friend have made me chose between pool and my life, and as much fuc as i have had playing pool it just isnt worth giving up my life for it, so good reporting freddy, good shooting yoony goood duckking john and good by pool. Once again you rail birds that have nothing to do with whats going on feel they have the right to know have thrwn another wrench into your sport.

it was fun win some lose some.but game is over.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Viffer said:
i dont know if you got out of trap or not, but all the little birdies have made it so my sponsors from poker and my girl friend have made me chose between pool and my life, and as much fuc as i have had playing pool it just isnt worth giving up my life for it, so good reporting freddy, good shooting yoony goood duckking john and good by pool. Once again you rail birds that have nothing to do with whats going on feel they have the right to know have thrwn another wrench into your sport.

Well damn.... Can you explain how the poker sponsors get involved in what you do in your personal time? Damn...no more viffer shows? The girlie friend got wound up about your losses?...you got to make up stories like the rest of us:D

John Brumback

Verified Member
Viffer said:

Good knowin ya Dipster.Good luck with the cards man.The little birdie was my
good friend Tony fargo.he was braggin on ya,that's all.I would have played but couldn't or didn't get a backer.Like I said,good luck bud.John B.