Howdy folks!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Several of y'all have Emailed inquiring about my wherebouts, which was very thoughtful.:) I've been real busy in the past coupla months with some physiological circumstances. I guess today they say "issues". It's a very complicated subject, but basically, I have a chromosomal defect which causes my immune system to be weakened. However I have been taking part in an experimental drug trial at the U. of Texas Medical Center, which is showing real promise. I'm feeling better than I ever have, and if I'm lucky, I'll live a normal life span (to 110, right?:D ).

Consequently, with the rigors of the trial, plus all the time spent online studying, and conferring with others on other websites, I haven't given much time to pool-- either on the sites, or in play. However, I expect that I'll fire it back up pretty soon. No pool nut can stay away too long!:rolleyes:

I HAVE wondered, however, if Cardone (and perhaps Artie and the Chicago crew) is coming to Mobile on Aug. 5th???

Will be chattin' with y'all soon! ~Doc

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
gulfportdoc said:
Several of y'all have Emailed inquiring about my wherebouts, which was very thoughtful.:) I've been real busy in the past coupla months with some physiological circumstances. I guess today they say "issues". It's a very complicated subject, but basically, I have a chromosomal defect which causes my immune system to be weakened. However I have been taking part in an experimental drug trial at the U. of Texas Medical Center, which is showing real promise. I'm feeling better than I ever have, and if I'm lucky, I'll live a normal life span (to 110, right?:D ).

Consequently, with the rigors of the trial, plus all the time spent online studying, and conferring with others on other websites, I haven't given much time to pool-- either on the sites, or in play. However, I expect that I'll fire it back up pretty soon. No pool nut can stay away too long!:rolleyes:

I HAVE wondered, however, if Cardone (and perhaps Artie and the Chicago crew) is coming to Mobile on Aug. 5th???

Sorry to hear about your health problems Doc. I hope everything works out well for you. You are surely a valuable member of our community.:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
gulfportdoc said:

Art, I don't know if i'm going to be able to make it to Mobile, my back and hips haven't been treating me very good. I was hoping that I would of been playing pool by now, but it's not working out for me. I will try to make it if I can, after all we're Iron City pals.:D

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, but some how I believe that we both will be ok. It's all about mental toughness, just ask The Ghost.;) If you don't believe him you can believe me.

Trust me, i'm a doctor.

Billy I.

naji

Verified Member
Sorry to hear that, wish you will. But pool is the best medication for boosting immune system, really, not sure if you guys notice some medical symptoms seem to disappear when shooting pool, maybe because freeing that part of the mind! who knows, but it comes back few hours after play. Not sure if the same can be said if someone end up at the losers' side!!
Hope you feel better.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Its good to know you are OK, Doc. I was just starting to post on a more or less regular basis when you disappeared. I thought maybe you felt like the neighborhood was going south so you moved. I hope you get all better and stay around for a long time.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
petie said:
Its good to know you are OK, Doc. I was just starting to post on a more or less regular basis when you disappeared. I thought maybe you felt like the neighborhood was going south so you moved. I hope you get all better and stay around for a long time.
Sorry you are having to deal with this Doc -- there seem to be some health issues around here lately; now we need a healthy stretch!

JAM

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:

I hope you continue to feel good, Doc. The power of positive thinking is an incredible healing agent.

My brother was diagnosed with hemochromatosis a few years ago. He had no idea that he had this condition. It's hereditary. He flipped out and thought the end was near, having to endure liver biopsies and ultimately chemo treatments.

Well, to make a long story short, today he's the picture of health. In fact, he's now living in Cathedral City, CA in a gated community, swims every day like a fish. In fact, he's never been happier. He went through a long stretch of medical treatment hell, and then it was as if the clouds parted. The doctors are amazed at his progress. He never gave up and continued to believe he'd conquer whatever ailed him by developing a healthy lifestyle. Today, he's a vegetarian, doesn't drink or smoke, and exercises daily.

This, too, shall pass, Doc. Believe in yourself! :)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hang in there, pal

Hang in there, pal

...Wgcp is pulling hard for you. He says he still owes you a backlog of 1pkt thrashings so that he can get even with your ass.

Beard

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Doc,
So sorry to hear about your health issues. I sure hope those Doctors in Texas can help and hopefully you can get back to the table and live to 111.

Praying for your speedy return to the active player list.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Glad you're better. You've been missed. If you're at the one in Houston, let me know if I can help with anything.
Rod............ 281-701-1175.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:

Hello Doc,
I just wanted to say hello and wish you the very best, and offer prayer and encouragement to you. I was involved in an experimental drug trial myself one time and the damn jury was like-let's don't get into that deal. Anyway get well. A treadmill helped me so much to get feeling good. It seems unfair that some idiots can abuse drugs for decades (like me) and then be healthy and feeling so good au natural while others live right and have these issues. I think of you as the Music Man and man rhymes with hand, and hand reminds me of toes, and toes start with a T and that rhymes with P and P stands for Pool. Oh God now they got me singing show tunes..

RedCard

Verified Member
Good Luck Doc

Good Luck Doc

Somebody alluded to the benefits of concentrating on pool (to the exclusion of somatic worries) as a vehicle to help the body heal. Inasmuch as your physical condition will allow you might give it a try. I used to like to hit balls around by myself when I needed to clear my mind out. One time I was doing it during finals time at school, I had properly tuned out the world except for a couple of co-eds playing on an adjacent table when the booming voice of a political science professor brought me back to reality. 'RedCard you have no time to recreate!'. Damn him, caused the girls to giggle.

In any event, pool sure beats the 'ommmm, ommmmm' type of meditation.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Good to see you back Doc. Hope you can get all the 'issues' behind you. You haven't really missed much...Oh wait, I almost forgot Mr______ did have some really cruel new names to call me...He has really hurt my feeler's this time...:p :p :p

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

G-Doc made this post back when I hadn't been on the site for a few months, cuz I was 'down for the count', and so I never saw this thread until now....I just now found it, because I was wondering why Doc hadn't been posting, so I looked up his last post....It's now been almost 6 months since this last post of his, and I'm hoping he's ok....anybody know? - if not, I've got his phone # so maybe I'll try calling him.

- Ghost