Search results

1. P

John Henderson

Very sad news. I'll miss watching him play and his contributions here.
  2. P

Members 2023 Special Edition of The Art of One Pocket

Got mine today. Thank you.
  3. P

Happy Birthday Miller-51

Happy Birthday and thanks for all the work you do for the Memphis 1p.org regional.
  4. P

1st printing of my new book, The Art of One Pocket

Got mine today. I found it amusing the coincidence of Varner and Parica are on opposite pages since they played that marathon match at Bogies. LOL Can't wait for my members edition to arrive.
  5. P

My MOT report

You're welcome
  6. P

My MOT report

Thank you as always.
  7. P

My MOT report

Likewise!
  8. P

My MOT report

Arriving at CA Billiards around 1 PM, the first person I saw as I walked in was John Henderson playing his match with Bee. Looking around, all the pool tables on the right were occupied by 1P.org members. Matches in progress were Jerry vs Mike the Lawyer, Martin Bick vs Chris Atkins, Newkirk vs...
  9. P

"Greenleaf: Pool's Greatest Champion"

I see nobody mentioned that our very own Steve Booth was mentioned in one of the footnotes with his Patcheye interview. Greenleaf used to have someone put a large coin on the table and have the cueball hit it after pocketing a ball. Apparently he was the only one to do it consistently.
  10. P

US One Pocket Players Only- 70's to Present

He's the house pro at Buffalo Billiards in Petaluma.
  11. P

New Diamonds at CA Billiards

Just want to let you know CA Billiards has 6 new Diamond 9 footers in. They replace the Gold Crowns on the right section. Just letting you know.
  12. P

West Coast Challenge 1p Day 2

I made a few hours today to pay a visit to the second day of the one pocket tournament. I arrived around 11:30 this morning. It wasn’t as eventful as the first day since many players have been eliminated. Looking around, I noticed Tres Kane waiting for his next match. While there were a few...
  13. P

West Coast Challenge 1p Day 1

This is my little report from the first day of the West Coast Challenge one pocket at California Billiards. I arrived a little after 11 AM. While heading to the pool hall, I saw some guy sleeping in his car outside. First thing that came to my mind was “Yep, that must be a pool player.” haha...
  14. P

My report from the 1p.org tourney

Here’s my little report on the 1p.org tournament. I didn’t plan it but decided at the last minute to stop by on the last day for a few hours. Lucky for me it was time well spent. I arrived at CA Billiards a little past noon. Looking up as I approached the door who do I see? Why it was Kentucky...
  15. P

Misc stuff for you heading to the member tourney

I don’t know if this will be of any use to you guys visiting California or not but hopefully, someone would find it useful. California charges 10 cents per bag if you buy stuff from a store or restaurant. It might be a good idea to bring your own tote or something if you don’t want to pay the...
  16. P

Before anyone misses it....

It's The Ghost's Birthday! Happy birthday brother.
  17. P

No 1p.org spnsored DCC players?

Seeing as how DCC is in a cpl of months, is 1P.org nominating any players for the DCC as in previous years? Just asking so can give the nominee time to get ready. Thanks.
  18. P

Since nobody's said thos to the 1P Ghost yet...

I guess I’ll be the first to say... Happy Birthday Ghost!
  19. P

Let's give a big birthday greeting to NH Steve

If it wasn't for his efforts, 1P the site and the game wouldn't be where it is today.