Search results

1. johnnytronic

3 foul or no three foul

Where I play the most, if the Mexicans are all side betting against you--You're in a bad game...LMAO.
  2. johnnytronic

3 foul or no three foul

That's one way to look at it. Really depends on what your playing for and how much money you make and if you're only goal is to make money. Like when I first walked up to JBR and didn't know who I was talking to. I just watched him play at Griff's and thought I can probably keep up with this...
  3. johnnytronic

3 foul or no three foul

We should make a list of the factors for educational purposes. One guy talked about the pettiness of exploiting the rule and how it prolongs the game and I can agree with that. That's an interesting perspective. I know in my life I have got way to caught up in results oriented thinking. Win...
  4. johnnytronic

3 foul or no three foul

of course, these type of percentages are estimates based on "some" presumed facts and experiences--hence why I created the post to gather more experience and intel that leads to getting to a usable guesstimate. "Too many factors" nah...We are not trying to solve world peace. ;) Let's put it...
  5. johnnytronic

3 foul or no three foul

This is all good feedback and intel. However, I'm still looking for some insight on statistical advantages. Then I can update my handicap document as well. For example, lets say I start a gambling match and I'm considered the better shot maker, maybe I talk my opponent into not deploying 3 foul...
  6. johnnytronic

3 foul or no three foul

haaaa
  7. johnnytronic

3 foul or no three foul

IMO it favors the better ball runner. Which in some cases is the better player.
  8. johnnytronic

3 foul or no three foul

go into more detail on this. Like why does it favor the better player so much.
  9. johnnytronic

3 foul or no three foul

I was watching a amateur gambling match and the guy was stuck and took like 5 or 6 fouls and I'm in the stream/thread like "Ehhh, kinda BS not using the 3 foul rule". This caused a bit of a friendly debate with my logic vs another players. He came up with somewhat decent reasons as to why he...
  10. johnnytronic

Ruling on taking intentional fouls and then moving multiple balls to your advantage with a push like stroke.

lll, think that would be a serious foul and loss of game or restart. Billy Jackets, the best ref I have ever seen was called "slow motion" on my phone. Just get in a habit of taking slow motion recordings of all jacked up or questionable shots. Then both players can clearly see frame by frame...
  11. johnnytronic

Ruling on taking intentional fouls and then moving multiple balls to your advantage with a push like stroke.

The mop was probably legal if it had a tip but the hit sounds not legal. You really can't trust old school "best guys" to judge odd shots IMO. My pool hall is filled with these guys and they know the game like no other but they don't know the physics of most shots and they get misjudged...
  12. johnnytronic

BTW guys, this was done to me in a match, I was not the player to try these tactics. I can say that every single day that I'm at the pool hall there is some argument over badly hit balls. Not saying with me persay, even though I can be a stickler but other matches.
  13. johnnytronic

This is also a bit of a loop hole. So you're frozen to a single ball or let's say even two balls, you perform a push like stroke because you are allowed to shoot straight ahead on a deemed frozen ball but now you moved a new ball that was close by. Serious foul or not?
  14. johnnytronic

From my perspective and after reading this thread it clearly sounds like a serious foul to me 6.6.2 Serious fouls: Player is on the stack, he purposely delivers a soft prolonged push type stroke to manipulate multiple balls to his advantage. It's a pretty large advantage doing this, not only...
  15. johnnytronic

Let's say you put a player on the stack, he's really locked up. However, he decides he has to take an intentional foul. He/she decides that he will use this foul to open up a cluster towards his side. Lets say a total of 3 balls move. I was under the impression that this was not allowed and is...
  16. johnnytronic

Official entry list for 2023 MOT California Billiards

Hey Steve, I PM'd you. Let's get the tourny to 36+ players...MOre the better right?:unsure:
  17. johnnytronic

Stroke accuracy appears to dramatically increase with no practice strokes.

Exactly, the game is tough Figueroa and under pressure you look for potions to get through it.
  18. johnnytronic

I used it last night at league and I broke and ran 8 ball and 9ball on a 9' table. However, missed some shots in an odd way. Supposed to have a $1,500.00 one pocket match this weekend and now I may have fcked myself trying to take on new stroke mechanics..haaa. As far as english goes, you can...
  19. johnnytronic

I've now tested this on 2 other players. One is a girl that is like an apa 2 and one is a buddy that is a 6. Both players felt that there is something to it. However, very difficult to not take the practice strokes.