Search results

1. K

Best city for running a profitable pool hall ?

Hopefully yours will have been flourishing for roughly a decade by that time. Best of Luck, Keith
  2. K

Best city for running a profitable pool hall ?

Do you plan on opening a pool room? Keith
  3. K

Official Entry Thread for 2022 Member's Tourney @ Q-Masters

An Open Tournament works for me. Keith
  4. K

Midwest Open Billiard Championship 19,000 Added March 15-20, 2022

I'm looking for lodging recommendations as I've never been in the area before. Thanks, Keith
  5. K

Official Entry Thread for 2022 Member's Tourney @ Q-Masters

IMHO, that would be more agreeable than just signing up and blasting useless posts to get your count up. 😄 Keith
  6. K

2022 MOT Q-Masters July 29-30-31!

I'd like to add a couple more side trips to the post that Freeman made. ●USS Wisconsin I highly recommend taking the guided tour if you plan on going. https://nauticus.org/battleship-wisconsin-2/ ●Hampton Roads Naval Museum https://www.history.navy.mil/content/history/museums/hrnm.html...
  7. K

2022 MOT Q-Masters July 29-30-31!

All, Just a heads concerning local lodging. I've always stayed at the La Quinta on Newtown Rd. when doing anything at Q-Masters. I stayed there for their last 1P tourney and don't plan to ever do so again. The previous owners offered "tournament rates" when you let them know that you'd be at...
  8. K

Another successful One Pocket Tournament at Q-Masters Billiards (Va Beach) !!

Sorry Bird, I do not. Maybe you could check their website or fb page and get promoter info then proceed from there. Keith
  9. K

Call the number below and they'll get you steered in the right direction. 9198762382 Keith
  10. K

Steve, I plan to be there and will be talking it up locally with hopes of bringing some more players. Brass Tap in Raleigh is supposed to be hosting one on March 26th. Keith
  11. K

I had a good time and look forward to being back there in April. Well-run tournament & Q-Master is a great venue. It would be a nice spot for an MOT. 😉 https://www.q-masters.com/ Keith
  12. K

DCC First Timer Advice

You cannot see it all, do it all. I tried and was not at all successful. Having 10+ hour drives bookending my inaugural trek to Pool Mecca didn't help the situation either. I very much enjoyed what I did experience and plan on returning as many times as I can. IMHO, make the journey if at all...
  13. K

Peter Ghostine

I honestly believe that I saw him a few years at Brass Tap in Raleigh during a pro tournament. He never bothered with any tournament action but stayed on an action table or could be found napping very close to them in a chair. The other times that I would see him he would be walking the mile or...
  14. K

"Greenleaf: Pool's Greatest Champion"

Doc, As you mentioned, Bakelite is still used for a few things today. For me, it's a jump cue tip. Jewelry is shown as another use from what this old brain can recall. Keith
  15. K

Derby 2022

Which Saturday, 22nd or 29th? I'm assuming the 22nd but... Thanks, Keith
  16. K

"Greenleaf: Pool's Greatest Champion"

Jay, First off, sorry for going off topic. What seemed to be their main problem with Mosconi? Thanks, Keith
  17. K

Mike D knows what's up with multi rail banks

While helping her to remain somewhat anonymous. Keith
  18. K

One Pocket Power Rankings - November 2021

Spoiler Alert!! 😁 I've made it to the 33:15 mark. Keith
  19. K

Mike D knows what's up with multi rail banks

Do you have any non-fb links concerning this? Thanks, Keith