Recent content by Roy Steffensen

1. Roy Steffensen

3rd Annual European onepocket.org Tournament

istanbul (turkey) to Mexico is passing Iceland right now I have never stopped in Iceland on a flight to USA, but have always passed over or close to Iceland
  2. Roy Steffensen

One-Pocket tournament in Oslo, Norway

Nice meeting you guys! Looking forward to Hague I am sure I won’t be as lucky next time I play you!
  3. Roy Steffensen

One Pocket then and now

For you guys who have been around one pocket for a long time, what is the biggest changes in the way the game is played today compared to like 30 years ago. Do people run out more often? If so, has that led to players hide the cueball better now, or leave less long banks etc? Did players move...
  4. Roy Steffensen

One Pocket in New York City and thereabouts: does it exist?

I was in New York in October. Got to play one pocket at Amsterdam Billiards with the housepro there, and there was another table near us playing one pocket too
  5. Roy Steffensen

One-Pocket tournament in Oslo, Norway

This Saturday the second one-pocket tournament ever in Norway was being organized. The first one was in 2008 (I won that, btw), so it was about time for a new event! This event was held in Oslo, at Cue. 14 players signed up, and the entryfee was € 50. 4 players came from abroad, Espen...
  6. Roy Steffensen

2nd Annual Hague 5 One Pocket event

Great reports, and looking forward to next year. Will definitely go then. we are perhaps 5-10 players who every now and then play one pocket in Oslo, Norway, and there is talk of trying to put up a small tournament or two the next couple of months.
  7. Roy Steffensen

Buffalos Pro Classic $31,000 Added May 23-28, 2023

It went for waayyyyy too cheap!
  8. Roy Steffensen

Will be there to see it myself! On my flight over the atlantic now
  9. Roy Steffensen

About $ 18 000 in the calcutta one ball one pocket 😳 Prize money in the tournament is $ 7,400
  10. Roy Steffensen

Fedor Morra WWYD

Could an option be cutting the 6 to your corner and let the cueball hit the shortrail and then kick the 2 uptable?
  11. Roy Steffensen

What are the rules for one ball one pocket?
  12. Roy Steffensen

Just signed up for the 9-ball, but will be there from Wednesday to watch the one-pocket! hopefully I’ll meet some of you there
  13. Roy Steffensen

What can you learn playing different games, including One Pocket?

From 9-ball: Pocketing skills. Learning to make the white ball run around the table for position. In 14-1 you can often go for another shot if you fail on position. In 9-ball you learn to use spin and do creative shots to get to the next ball when you have played bad position. From 14-1: Learn...
  14. Roy Steffensen

Out-moved?

Do you win most of your matches because you out-move your opponent, or because your opponent miss balls he should make? Why do you lose? Do you get desperate and try shots you are not a favourite to make, or do you dog the run-out when given a chance?