Recent content by JAM

1. JAM

Pittsburgh John

I'd love to see a photo of Pittsburgh John. Mike Sigel tells a funny story about him on this podcast with Kim Davenport and Reed Pierce:
  2. JAM

1pkt Apparel for the One-Pocket Afficionados

I'll have to take about 30 selfies before I find the one that's "just right." I'll work on it. ;):cool::p:D:love:
  3. JAM

Keith got a 1pkt hat. He loves it. It is well made. I'm a girl. I know these things. :giggle:
  4. JAM

If you're a pool enthusiast, of course, you know what "one pocket" is, but if you're a seasoned player, you can play all games, to include one pocket. Most veteran players prefer one pocket to the luck rotation games of 8-, 9-, and 10-ball because it requires more skill. In fact, my other...
  5. JAM

Tuscaloosa Squirrel

Back in the late '70s, eary '80s, I was young and dumb with no responsibilities to keep me from going on the road with a pool player named Geese. We went down South and encountered quite a few characters along the way. Geese had a "steer" from Georgia who took him around to different action...
  6. JAM

REWARD + GoFundMe Acct. to catch Mike Surber's murderer

I also spoke to Mike's brother recently, and I emailed him today. Somebody shared a link of a man in Georgia found with an anchor tied to him in the bottom of a lake. And it sure did look like this perp. Source...
  7. JAM

One Pocket HOF voting discussion -- post comments here, not in the voting thread

I voted for Alex and Bustie, as they're both strong one-pocket players. What concerns me a little is that younger forum members may have no idea of the strength of the older players or those who have passed away. Everybody loves Alex and Bustamante, as do I, because we've seen them up close...
  8. JAM

Doc, look at this photo for Mike Surber murder suspect

Somebody on AzBilliards shared this photo of a suspect who murdered Mike Surber. He sure does look like him. Interestingly, he goes by the name "Jeff Cooper." Didn't this guy call himself "Jeremiah Cooper"? Wow! This cannot be a coincidence.
  9. JAM

Metro DC Area--One Pocket Tournament, Saturday, 11/17, $100 entry fee

For those in D.C. area, Larry puts on a heck of a great tournament, and the equipment at QuBall 1 Billiards is topknotch. It's probably the best pool room in the entire area as far as being a real players pool room. Here is the website: https://www.quball1.com/ Opens up at 9:30 a.m...
  10. JAM

Give Billy Some Prayers

Billy Incardona posted some sad news last night on FB. My heart goes out to him. Please send prayers his way. His son passed. He could probably use some love and support from his friends right now.
  11. JAM

"Stormin' Norman" Wines Passes Away

I don't know the circumstances of his passing, but he was a gentle soul to all who knew him. Hell of a barbox player. He won the Super Billiards Expo a couple years in a row. Broke like a cannon. A GoFundMe account has been set up to raise funds for his cremation...
  12. JAM

Little Al Romero One-Hole Tourney at Hard Times, CA 10/14-15

Read all about it! :cool: Love the shirt he's wearing. :D
  13. JAM

One-Pocket Tournament at QuBall1 Billiards in Capitol Heights, MD on 8/19

There was a local one-pocket tournament in Capitol Heights, MD at Quball1 Billiards on 8/19/2017. Larry Quball Steele​ is the TD, and he put on a first-class event. The players all remarked how the equipment was in pristine condition and topnotch. Tight pockets! This was a $100 entry fee...
  14. JAM

Efren Reyes' Game of Choice!

Reyes said the game is different now. He currently plays one-pocket, not his signature 9-ball event, because the former is where the money is now. Interesting that San Miguel Beer is a sponsor. :D Read more here -->...
  15. JAM

Interesting Observation

Since Facebook has hit the Internet, some pool peeps have migrated over there to get their pool fix and news. I was one of the last to join Facebook, but I finally gave in. :o I have noticed over the past year or two, the participation rate in AzBilliards and Onepocket's forum has changed. It...