Couple more stills to comment on.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
My opponents break. Tell what you'd shoot guys.

Attachments

• opening 003.jpg
    opening 003.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Next coupla shots.

Next coupla shots.

Page#1 layout of pic. Page#2 opponents answer. Page 3 my next shot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAtF4BDOV3CAmP4DEUm3EFTt4FFSW4GGhm3HCQX4IDWC4JBan3KarC3LCQC3MBik3NXTU4OAlX4PPma@4AAtF4BDOV3CAmP4DEUm3EFTt4FFSW4GGhm3HCQX4IDWC4JBan3KarC3LCQC3MBik3NWuf4OAlX4PPma3iWuf3icTG3iUIB4kPma3kVon3kbOF3kEcn2qQtF&&my_opponents_answer.&ZZ@4AAtF4BDOV3CAmP4DEUm3EFTt4FFSW4GGhm3HCQX4IDWC4JBan3KaRx3LCQC3MBik3NWuf4OAlX3PEsn3faqx3fbQG3fRDD3kEsn3kaBo3kbXk1kVvf2qQtF&My_2nd_shot.&ZZ3uAYR@[/CUETABLE]

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
androd, i take it that your hole is the one near the cb. That being the case I would just skim the red ball{3 or 7} and leave the cb on the bottom rail.--Smitty

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Vapros I have to ask why would you knock more balls to his pocket. When you park the cb on the 10 his next shot is to shoot into the rail and kick more balls to his hole and you are worst off than you were.---Smitty

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Smitty, I'm not going to knock any balls toward his pocket at all. I will drive the nine and the five out of his area, and I will be surprised if his response is to kick into what's left out there. Looks to me like that would be a pretty risky thing for him to do, especially if he intends to hit a rail and avoid a foul.. Anybody else ready to add a comment here? :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
vapros said:
Smitty, I'm not going to knock any balls toward his pocket at all. I will drive the nine and the five out of his area, and I will be surprised if his response is to kick into what's left out there. Looks to me like that would be a pretty risky thing for him to do, especially if he intends to hit a rail and avoid a foul.. Anybody else ready to add a comment here? :)

V-man. I see your intent, but if someone (Rod?) will convert this layout to a WEI table, there is a MUCH better alternative. The shot you propose is not without some risk, and very little reward, (if I'm reading your intent correctly) unless you shoot really firm.

Why not Just fire the 15 (medium firm) into the stack, knock all the balls toward your hole, and put him on the end rail in the kitchen, by the upper corner hole ? ...That would be a very easy shot to control. All he'll have is a tough 2-11 combination.

I assume we are working on the layout in post #1....I am getting confused...;)

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
That's a good shot, also, but with a less predictable result. He might find something he likes among the balls that have gone to my side of the table.

I'm sure we're both talking about the same layout. Thanks for the option.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
androd said:
My opponents break. Tell what you'd shoot guys.

If the 5 don't bank I'd kick the 11. If you leave whitey anywhere on the bottom rail you're going to be in trouble on your next inning.If the 12-7 kiss is not on I might cross the 14 sending whitey to the end rail; provided I can put him where he doesn't have a free shot on the 11. If i thought I'd leave him a decent chance to bank the 14 into the pack I'd take a scratch down table. you might could even shoot the 15 into the stack and leave him down table. Sorry Dick, I stole your shot.

Last edited:

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
vapros said:
I am going to hit the 10 a pretty good lick, right in the face, and park the cueball right there on it. :eek:

If you do that .I'm just gonna roll the one toward the rail forcing you to put me on the bottom rail and I can just keep skimming balls and putting you in the stack.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
SJDinPHX said:
Why not Just fire the 15 (medium firm) into the stack, knock all the balls toward your hole, and put him on the end rail in the kitchen, by the upper corner hole ? ...That would be a very easy shot to control. All he'll have is a tough 2-11 combination.

I assume we are working on the layout in post #1....I am getting confused...;)
That's the best shot, Dick. It puts you back in the game with balls in front of your hole. I had thought about doing something with the 14 ball, and leaving the CB long; but I missed the obvious 15 ball stack buster.

You're talking about layout #1. Some of the guys are discussing layout #2.

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
gulfportdoc said:
That's the best shot, Dick. It puts you back in the game with balls in front of your hole. I had thought about doing something with the 14 ball, and leaving the CB long; but I missed the obvious 15 ball stack buster.

You're talking about layout #1.
Doc

SJDinPHX said:

I assume we are working on the layout in post #1....I am getting confused...

That's the shot I attempted, unfortunatly I butchered it. Trying to shoot hard and control the CB I hit the edge of the 2 ball and a lot of bad things happened. :mad: Oh well.
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
That's the shot I attempted, unfortunatly I butchered it. Trying to shoot hard and control the CB I hit the edge of the 2 ball and a lot of bad things happened. :mad: Oh well.
Rod.

Thats a shame Rod,...you only had a foot of rail to play with..:p :p :p

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Thats a shame Rod,...you only had a foot of rail to play with..:p :p :p

When I was young I'd have never known what happened. Now the experts tell me CIE caused me to miss aim. :rolleyes: :D
Rod. <----- learned a lot of stuff from the profs and props.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
When I was young I'd have never known what happened. Now the experts tell me CIE caused me to miss aim. :rolleyes:
Rod. <----- learned a lot of stuff from the profs and props.

Rodney,

Better double check with Patrick,...It could have been CTE, BHE, CIS, (or some other letters). Also could have been BLI-ND, which would qualify you for the HOF..:D :D :D

PS..PJ, could you help me out ? I'm having trouble with STU-PID-SOB...I've tried to follow all the science guy's tips, but when I get up to the table, I find I suffer from terminal CRS..(Can't Remember S**t).:eek:

Last edited:

SJDinPHX said:
Rodney,

Better double check with Patrick,...It could have been CTE, BHE, CIS, (or some other letters). Also could have been BLI-ND, which would qualify you for the HOF..:D :D :D

PS..PJ, could you help me out ? I'm having trouble with STU-PID-SOB...I've tried to follow all the science guy's tips, but when I get up to the table, I find I suffer from terminal CRS..(Can't Remember S**t).:eek:

Dickey, Love ya.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CURE FOR CRS................. 2 that means 2 swigs YJ. abbra cadabbra back in stroke thinking like a 25 year old:D