Heading To Fremont

baby huey

Verified Member
After BBQ today, I'm off to Fremont for the One Pocket event. Starts tomorrow around noon so I'll have to get up early for a long drive to get there in time to play. It looks like a tough field and I hope I remember the wwyd's and all the moves you guys have been posting so I can make a showing for myself. I'll need the aggression of Jeff Sparks and the moves of Tom Wirth and maybe I can bring my IPAD and do quick looks between shots at the Ghosts postings for guidance. Maybe some of Dr. Bill's wisdom will ring in my ear when I hear him say to play the percentages. I think Hendy will also be there so we can reminisce, not sure about the Barber but he's my old mentor and I hope he comes too.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
After BBQ today, I'm off to Fremont for the One Pocket event. Starts tomorrow around noon so I'll have to get up early for a long drive to get there in time to play. It looks like a tough field and I hope I remember the wwyd's and all the moves you guys have been posting so I can make a showing for myself. I'll need the aggression of Jeff Sparks and the moves of Tom Wirth and maybe I can bring my IPAD and do quick looks between shots at the Ghosts postings for guidance. Maybe some of Dr. Bill's wisdom will ring in my ear when I hear him say to play the percentages. I think Hendy will also be there so we can reminisce, not sure about the Barber but he's my old mentor and I hope he comes too.

Best of rolls for you, Jerry. It should be a great tournament and trip regardless on how you finish, but I'm guessing you will do well.

Dave

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

I'm envious. Good luck Jerry. Don't worry about playing as others do. Play YOUR game and you will do just fine.

Tom

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jerry
i think the rest of the field needs to worry that you are playing...:)
play well/have fun

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Good luck Jerry. I would love to be there but I'm not 100%. Trying new medication one day I'm fine the next day not so well. Play your game and you'll do well.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I will be there late this afternoon or tonight. It was Suzanne's BD and we were camping over the fourth and just got home.

Hate to miss playing in it, but I was rear ended on the freeway a little over a week ago and it totaled my car and I am still a little sore. Tried playing in the monthly at Hard Times Saturday and gave up after a few matches.

Will try to do some commentating on the POV stream with Daniel if I get a chance.

baby huey

Verified Member
Made it back friday and finished 13/16. Lost to Oscar then to Bryce Avila. In between I was able to beat a few including Chip Compton and Bob Herchek. I seem to be having problems sleeping lately and played very tired both days. I watched and commented on a few matches including Alex and Dennis then Tony and Shane. I have to say that Dennis impressed me very much in that he just hung around each game he was behind and found a way to get a bank shot and run some balls. I coined a new phrase for him called "One Pocket Rope A Dope." Seriously he just stays in position it seems all the time to get himself back into games and then win seemingly from nowhere. He still is not the best mover I've ever seen and I'm wondering when some great player is going to take advantage of his less then optimal moving capabilities but until that starts happening, he's in the drivers seat. I like Tony probably for sentimental reasons in their coming match but I could be wrong headed.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Made it back friday and finished 13/16. Lost to Oscar then to Bryce Avila. In between I was able to beat a few including Chip Compton and Bob Herchek. I seem to be having problems sleeping lately and played very tired both days. I watched and commented on a few matches including Alex and Dennis then Tony and Shane. I have to say that Dennis impressed me very much in that he just hung around each game he was behind and found a way to get a bank shot and run some balls. I coined a new phrase for him called "One Pocket Rope A Dope." Seriously he just stays in position it seems all the time to get himself back into games and then win seemingly from nowhere. He still is not the best mover I've ever seen and I'm wondering when some great player is going to take advantage of his less then optimal moving capabilities but until that starts happening, he's in the drivers seat. I like Tony probably for sentimental reasons in their coming match but I could be wrong headed.
not too shabby jerry :)