Vive La Différence!

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Dear Gentle Readers,

The other day - - on Lenny’s exceptional stream - - I caught some of the finals of the Chinook Winds 10-ball finals.

Watching Allison v. Rebecca bought into sharp contrast the realities of men versus women.

Three points:

> Slow, slow, slow. While entertaining (Rebecca from the B-side, had to best Allison, then beat her again in a hill-hill contest) the pace of play was so slow that the matches were at once exciting and tedious.

> Shot selection. In the men’s final the Rocket motored through Carlo. (Unimportant aside: is Mr. Biado married?) Their shots were … forceful. Three-cushion draws; multiple-cushion follows, etc.

The girls, in contrast, were … tentative. Careful. More unsure. More mistake-prone on position.

> One-pocket. Do any girls play the game? In tourneys? After hours? I was initially, and perhaps naively, a fan of direct girl-boy competition.

Now? Not so much.

Sober reconsideration is my life,

Sunny

keoneyo

Verified Member
Dear Gentle Readers,

The other day - - on Lenny’s exceptional stream - - I caught some of the finals of the Chinook Winds 10-ball finals.

Watching Allison v. Rebecca bought into sharp contrast the realities of men versus women.

Three points:

> Slow, slow, slow. While entertaining (Rebecca from the B-side, had to best Allison, then beat her again in a hill-hill contest) the pace of play was so slow that the matches were at once exciting and tedious.

> Shot selection. In the men’s final the Rocket motored through Carlo. (Unimportant aside: is Mr. Biado married?) Their shots were … forceful. Three-cushion draws; multiple-cushion follows, etc.

The girls, in contrast, were … tentative. Careful. More unsure. More mistake-prone on position.

> One-pocket. Do any girls play the game? In tourneys? After hours? I was initially, and perhaps naively, a fan of direct girl-boy competition.

Now? Not so much.

Sunny

I have to introduce you to Mrs One Pocket AKA 9 ball Jenny.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Dear Gentle Readers,

Three points:

Now? Not so much.

Sunny

Karen Corr, Jeanette Lee and one of the Asian girls (small and I think Chinese) have played DCC 1P. Probably others I haven't noticed. From what I saw they were able to compete with all but the top 5% of the guys.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Well I'll tell you when Allison was in her prime, there where no mistakes on her position, granted her best play may be behind her, but not many men wanted to tangle with her.--Smitty