Op.org

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
At last after many years of existence OP.org is beginning their next phase, tournaments. A lot of discussion has been going on and it's time to stop it and start having fun. Most of us are better than average players at one pocket but very few, 1-2, approach elite status. It is because we are just "average Joe's " is the reason we want an average Joes tournament now and in the future. This is the second year of tournaments and do we want to continue to have tournaments or do we want to rip the thing apart now with discourse? I want a friendly competetion between equal players. If Tony Chohan, who many of us know personally, joined our group for two weeks to play in our tournament, would we let him play? As a friend of Tony's, I would personally tell him, FO. Let's have a fun tournament and stop the bickering and divisiveness. No pros, regular, Joes. :heh:heh:lol:lol:lol:lol

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
At last after many years of existence OP.org is beginning their next phase, tournaments. A lot of discussion has been going on and it's time to stop it and start having fun. Most of us are better than average players at one pocket but very few, 1-2, approach elite status. It is because we are just "average Joe's " is the reason we want an average Joes tournament now and in the future. This is the second year of tournaments and do we want to continue to have tournaments or do we want to rip the thing apart now with discourse? I want a friendly competetion between equal players. If Tony Chohan, who many of us know personally, joined our group for two weeks to play in our tournament, would we let him play? As a friend of Tony's, I would personally tell him, FO. Let's have a fun tournament and stop the bickering and divisiveness. No pros, regular, Joes. :heh:heh:lol:lol:lol:lol

Ok, if its freaking YOU out i MUST be out of line and i'll personally stop posting about my strong disagreements with the current rules. It won't say anything else. GL luck to us all.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
do we want to continue to have tournaments or do we want to rip the thing apart now with discourse?

...Let's have a fun tournament and stop the bickering and divisiveness.:heh:heh:lol:lol:lol:lol

This must be a joke about people who express their opinion that opinions shouldn't be expressed.

Cory in dc

Verified Member

So, Bros before Pros?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
A little common sense

A little common sense

A proven fact...if great players are allowed to play in events, where others have little to NO chance, the events always unravel. If a player is heads above the rest, wants ta join in, then they must spot the WEAK. A 40 year old playing with 60-70 year olds speaks for it self. One pocket is thee game, where handicaps can be fair, no matter what your speed/age is. To let a player sneak in, and steal the dough from oldsters is.....you know what. There's a good reason the PGA has a seniors tour, and doesn't allow under agers to enter DUH. Personally, if this were to happen, which it did, then at the players meeting a handicap should be applied to the ''take the money and run'' guy. If this happens in Chicago, there's a good chance this 9 ball player will no longer attend any more events. Takes the FUN outta what we are trying to create.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
A proven fact...if great players are allowed to play in events, where others have little to NO chance, the events always unravel. If a player is heads above the rest, wants ta join in, then they must spot the WEAK. A 40 year old playing with 60-70 year olds speaks for it self. One pocket is thee game, where handicaps can be fair, no matter what your speed/age is. To let a player sneak in, and steal the dough from oldsters is.....you know what. There's a good reason the PGA has a seniors tour, and doesn't allow under agers to enter DUH. Personally, if this were to happen, which it did, then at the players meeting a handicap should be applied to the ''take the money and run'' guy. If this happens in Chicago, there's a good chance this 9 ball player will no longer attend any more events. Takes the FUN outta what we are trying to create.

What if I am a 40 (something) year old and I still cant beat some of the 60/70 year olds? Can I still play? :)

keoneyo

Verified Member
We used to have a nice little tournament in our home room. One Pocket and 9 ball. It was mostly regs and part timers. It was a blast and top prize was under a $100. It was great for me as I came in second a couple of times (only to be beaten by Wayne) and we had a hoot wolfing at each other. The most important part was the camaraderie and letting off much needed steam.
Then some pros, like Marlon Manalo, was brought in by a local guy to pick up some gas money on his way to the US Open. Soon some good players would come in and It went downhill from then.
We no longer have the tournaments.
This of course is anecdotal and not data. Its just something I experienced.
I appreciate loyalty to friends but I too am of the school that if its a tournament for Verified Members than so be it.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
What if I am a 40 (something) year old and I still cant beat some of the 60/70 year olds? Can I still play? :)

I'm talking about the roadies, making their living and Only visiting this site because of the $$$$$$ they can pick from the tree. If Varner wanted in, I'd be fine with that if he posted, joined in the conversation and added his bit's and pieces. and gave up the proper Spot. But for someone to ''take the money and run'' been there done that, in time it NEVER works. Not knowing anothers speed and letting the cat roam is not good unless a handicap is applied. Now if your from OHIO that's a whole nother deal :lol.

youngstown

Verified Member
Op.org

I'm talking about the roadies, making their living and Only visiting this site because of the $$$$$$ they can pick from the tree. If Varner wanted in, I'd be fine with that if he posted, joined in the conversation and added his bit's and pieces. and gave up the proper Spot. But for someone to ''take the money and run'' been there done that, in time it NEVER works. Not knowing anothers speed and letting the cat roam is not good unless a handicap is applied. Now if your from OHIO that's a whole nother deal :lol.

Nothing to worry about from Ohioans. Except when we're done it'll be called Ohio Pocket!