Memories of Leon Yonders

sam and leon

He was something. I remember when I was real young and he would take me to the pool parlor. He took the cue ball and jump the table and had 3 balls set up and put them all in different pockets. This was 1951...Just amazing

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
He was something. I remember when I was real young and he would take me to the pool parlor. He took the cue ball and jump the table and had 3 balls set up and put them all in different pockets. This was 1951...Just amazing
Wow. I would have like to have seen that. Sounds pretty cool. Thanks

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
In the mid 60's - early 70's there was an, 'All night bowling/billiard room' in Skokie, IL, All Star lanes.

They didn't have a 3C, but figured how to make a, 'Prop bet' there. The room was about 100' x 50' carpeted floor with maybe 12 tables.

The bet was, "At the first table at one side of the room, I would place and OB and the CB on it. At the other side of the room, (50') I would place another OB in a, 'paper bag', jump the CB off the OB onto the floor and send down to the ball in the paper bag and make the Carom" I'd take like 15 tries. I was even money to make it in 5!