Search results

1. C

Louie Roberts Award - Final Year

Again, to the forum fans and billiards, it has been this committee’s honor and pleasure to name the annual Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award for the past 10+ years. Initially what was started as a way to reward the excitement that action players brought to the green room, it quickly...
  2. C

The 2016 Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award

To the forum fans and billiards, it has been this committee’s honor and pleasure to name the annual Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award for the past 10+ years. The award is given to the person that exemplifies the terms “Action and Entertainment” The winner will receive hotel and...
  3. C

2015 Louie Roberts Award Winner Announcement

In what has been a transition year of sorts with the additional activities at the Derby City Classic, one of the mainstays has now been separated from the event itself: the Louie Roberts Award. That being said, I'm happy to announce that after all the votes had been collected and tallied...
  4. C

2015 One Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner

I put this on AZ for those there that don't know there is a here... ....., Steve Booth (NHSteve) once again produced the annual One-Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner. There were no inductees into the One Pocket or Bank Pool Hall of Fame. Instead the dinner was a memorial tribute to our forum friend...
  5. C

2015 Louie Roberts Award

First and foremost, I hope I see you all at the 2015 One Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner!!! That being said: ---------------------------------------------------- Although there is no association with the Derby City Classic productions and organizers, the Louie Roberts Award will continue. As has...
  6. C

2014 Louie Roberts Action & Entertainment Award Winner - Richie Richeson

The votes have been counted and recorded. Congratulations to Richie Richeson, who led the voting throughout the event. A yearly contender for the award, Richeson is a well deserving recipient providing plenty of entertaining match-ups and sessions all week as he does every year. For winning...
  7. C

DCC - Louie Roberts Action & Entertainment 2014

Louis Roberts Action and Entertainment Award The award is given to the person that exemplifies the terms “Action and Entertainment” It is the only major award that is not part of any of the main events or additional tournaments The winner gets their image hung from the rafters on the Banner...
  8. C

2013 DCC "St Louie" Louie Roberts A&E Winner - Chris Gentile

February 6, 2013 For Immediate Release After another successful 10 days of hard core green felt battle, Chicago’s Chris Gentile has emerged as the winner of the 2013 “St. Louie” Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award at the Derby City Classic (DCC). A threat to win the award every...
  9. C

DCC - Louie Roberts Award 2013

Louis Roberts Action and Entertainment Award The award is given to the person that exemplifies the terms “Action and Entertainment” It is the only major award that is not part of any of the main events or additional tournaments The winner gets their image hung from the rafters on the Banner...
  10. C

DCC Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award 2012!

It's that time of year. Where did the time go??? Once again get ready for the Derby City Classic with monster action and entertainment. For those that might be going to the greatest event of the year for the first time (shocking!), every year a person is named as the recipient of the Louie...
  11. C

DCC Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award '11

Well, it's coming up to that time of year, so once again get ready for the Derby City Classic with monster action and entertainment. For those that may not know, every year a person is named as the recipient of the Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award. The winner is voted on by you...
  12. C

Spotting/Sleeping Rules: Double Long Count

I didn't see this explicitly in the http://onepocket.org/handicaps.htm , and it has been asked to which I answered based on what I've seen. However, maybe it should be explicity in the handicap section. So, when players match up to both go to a count more than 8 each (e.g., 11-10 or something...
  13. C

2010 Louie Roberts A & E Results

The press release has gone out to the major web forum and publications. This year's winner for the "St. Louie" Louie Robert Action and Entertainment Award is Jeanette Lee. Jeannette was named on 91% of the ballots received from the internet voters with 2/3rds of the first place votes...
  14. C

DCC Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award '10

The award was named after the late great "St. Louie" Louie Roberts, a high rolling 9-ball monster that played at the highest level both in tournament play as well as in the back rooms. The 1979 U.S. Open 9-ball Champion, Louie Roberts was infamous for betting high and giving outrageous spots...
  15. C

Scooter Goodman - 2009 Louie Roberts A/E Award Winner!

The action has taken place, and the entertainment has been reported. The votes have been sent, and the results have been tallied. The 2009 Derby City Classic “St Louie” Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award goes to…. (insert drum roll)… Scooter Goodman! Highly charged and highly...
  16. C

Louie Roberts A/E Award '09: Don't Forget to Vote

If you went to the Derby City Classic, don't forget to send me your votes per: http://home.comcast.net/~ohagnir1/Pool/Louie_Roberts_Presentation.pdf Thanks, Fred Agnir Louie Roberts A/E Award Chairman
  17. C

Louis Roberts Action and Entertainment Award '09

{note: forgive me for misspelling Louie yet again... my typing fingers go into automatic mode} To reward what has become the pulse of the Derby City Classic, Greg Sullivan set up an award for the individual who exemplified entertainment and action over the course of the event: The Louie Roberts...
  18. C

Shane Van Boening wins the '08 Louis Roberts A/E Title!

As if the South Dakota Kid hasn't already won everything from soup to nuts this past year, we can add this year's Derby City Classic "St Louis" Louis Roberts Action and Entertainment Award to his resume. Over 60 votes were collected from the internet forum members, who attended the Derby City...
  19. C

Louis Roberts Action and Entertainment Award '08!!!!

We're less than a month away!!! Are you all ready for the ACTION!!!!! As every year, spectators from the internet billiard forum community, members of the AZBilliards, CCBoard, InsidePOOLmag.com and the OnePocket.Org forums will have the opportunity to vote for the upcoming 2008 Derby City...
  20. C

2007 DCC New Titles - Inaugural Results

This year marks the addition of five new titles added to the All-Around division at the Derby City Classic. Players with the most cumulative points in each category were recognized for their accomplishment. The Derby City Classic is proud to announce the 2007 winners: Under 21 – Ryan Stone...