Search results

1. BrookelandBilly

Accu-stats Coverage

What is your opinion regarding the Accu-stats coverage of the Derby? The reviews on Reddit are not good. The transmission is sketchy. Thanks.
  2. BrookelandBilly

First Experience With One Pocket

There’s been a discussion and a book written about the origin(s) of one pocket. I’m curios about. When and where members first observed or played one pocket. As for myself it was in 1967 at LeCue and Parker’s in Houston. Having gone to high school and college in East Texas I never knew the game...
  3. BrookelandBilly

One pocket Chat

I just received a notice that there is a ‘one pocket chat’ That I could join. Would someone please explain? I didn’t know it existed. Thanks.
  4. BrookelandBilly

Piper Laurie

Piper Laurie has passed away at 91. Rest In Peace “Look, I’ve got troubles and I think maybe you’ve got troubles. Maybe it’d be better if we just leave each other alone.” Sarah Packard
  5. BrookelandBilly

Walter Tevis Documentary

On Tuesday October 5 at 8:00 PM my local PBS television station (San Antonio) will air a one hour documentary on the life of Walter Tevis. I don’t think I need to go into any detail of who he was with this crowd.
  6. BrookelandBilly

Roadhouse Billy Mays

I've been playing shuffleboard in the mens locker room at the country club where I play golf and started looking up some videos on shuffleboard and Texas Roadhouse Billy Mays name came up. Here is a vignette on Billy Mays and his travels playing shuffleboard. Some of you one pocket road players...
  7. BrookelandBilly

Carlsbad California

I’m going to be spending a week in Carlsbad California starting August 4. Are there any recommendations for pool rooms in the area other than Dave & Busters. Thanks.
  8. BrookelandBilly

Calories Burned

Has anyone ever determined the calories burned playing one pocket? I usually play for four hours and rarely sit down. I drink water or coffee and eat a light snack while playing. I have a Garmin Vivo that’s tracks distance and calories based on your activity (walking, cycling, running etc.) but...
  9. BrookelandBilly

Pool Players Image

I’ve played pool for over 55 year all over the world in pool rooms, beer joints dives and clubs. One aspect of the sport has deteriorated and that’s the way players dress. At one time they wore formal clothing. Today they look like something that just left the jailhouse or crawled out from under...