Search results

1. J

DCC One Pocket Challenge

This event is happening again this year from Jan. 22-24. in the AZ/1Pkt. room. Come up and watch if you get a chance. We have over $2,300 in added money at this time and are still taking donations. All this money goes into the prize fund. This year a player will get two tries for $50 and four...
  2. J

World One Pocket Challenge Match

Ronnie Allen vs. Danny Diliberto. Shot at the Golden Eight Ball in Phoenis in 1988. The bet was twenty grand - REAL MONEY! Not too shabby for that time. Ronnie still played close to his top speed (maybe 90%) and Danny was in his prime. It was a great match (three out of five sets, each set a...
  3. J

I've had several inquiries on this historic match-up between Ronnie Allen and Danny Diliberto, played in 1988. I just ran off twenty more copies (five DVD set). You can find out more about it in the Classified section.
  4. J

The King is dead!

Scott Frost just beat Efren playing even for some serious coin. It was a Race To five and Scott won 5-3. Both players played good, Scott just a little better. Prior to the match, Efren offered Scott 8-7 and he turned it down! Long live the new King! Efren had a sweet 20 year reign as the King...
  5. J

One Pocket Challenge at DCC

Once again we are having this great event in the AZ/OnePocket.org room. We have $1,000 already promised by Greg as added money, but we are looking for more donations to the prize fund. All help is appreciated. I am putting in $100 and I believe Steve is in for $100 also. For a $100 donation...
  6. J

Pool Wars

This is the title of my new book that is coming out in March. I will be doing a limited edition run of 500 numbered copies that I will sign for whoever wants one. We posted this on AZ Billiards three days ago and have sold nearly 200 copies already. I wanted to let the One Pocket crowd know...
  7. J

Used Brunswick Gold Crowns

I have quite a few GC II's, III's and IV's for sale in my warehouse in Las Vegas. All are torn down and ready for loading. All the older tables have new rubber and rails to replace damaged rails and bad rubber. The IV's are about five years old. Prices range from $1,750 to $2,950. ALL good...
  8. J

One Pocket Challenge at DCC

Once again we will be running the One Pocket Challenge at Derby City. The dates are January 27-29, from Noon to Midnite each day. Steve Booth, our host on here, will be assisting me and handling all monies. We are accepting donations from anyone who would like to add to the prize fund. I am...
  9. J

Los Angeles Open

I'm trying to put together a big tournament in Los Angeles in 2009, similar to the one we did at the Marriott Hotel in 1993. It will be an All Around featuring Bank Pool, One Pocket and Ten Ball. I have posted all about it on AZBilliards. Just look on their main forum for "Los Angeles Open"...
  10. J

RONNIE ALLEN vs. DANNY DILIBERTO

This is the full length version of this famous match. It was played 20 years ago in Phoenix at The Golden 8-Ball. The purse was $20,000 and they played Three Out of Five Sets, each set a Race to Five. The total match time was nearly ten hours. I have made a limited number of five DVD sets of...
  11. J

2008 Derby City One Pocket Challenge

Steve Lomako and I will be running it at the coming DCC. It is a One Pocket Challenge where each player will get five chances to run all the balls he can. The cue ball plays where it lies after the break. On a scratch it will spot behind the line. It will cost a player $20 for one try and $50...
  12. J

The Bank Shot

I have an extra copy of The Bank Shot by Fats. I want $50 for it plus $7.50 shipping. jayhelfert@yahoo.com
  13. J

This is the historic match up between Ronnie and Danny for 20K. I produced this match and the video coverage. There was some great and innovative play here, by two players who could still play. Both of them trained and prepared for this match. I have the edited version of this match, with all...