Search results

1. J

Teaching onepocket to beginners .

I recently had about 10 people ask me to introduce them to onepocket ( four of them ladies .) About the same time some of us onepocket guys were playing with an idea for a one day tournament . The idea was to rack 10 balls and win by getting to 6. Break was pretty much the same with just...
  2. J

modified Grady rule observation

I was fortunate enough to play in NOLA Buffalo's One Pocket Tourny in November. I was involved in a match that resulted finishing under the modified Grady rule. I offer this one comment as positive feedback. They began announcing the upcoming Grady rule an hour or more before the time...
  3. J

When are you a pro ?

Hey guys, This is a question about a scenario that came up in a weekly bar box 8 ball tournament but I am curious your guys take on things . So owner of a small bar with 3 bar box tables has regular Friday 8 ball non handicap event ,$10 entry fee. It is a race to 2 on winners side and one...
  4. J

one pocket weekly league

Hey guys , A few of us have been discussing how to create a weekly onepocket league /match play/ handicap setup that requires very little monitoring and easy to manage . Our goal is to have one day a week to have a designated time that you know you can play at least one match/race for few $$...
  5. J

short rack tournament

ok guys have a question, I had never played a game of short rack onepocket till the last few weeks . Based on the Southaven tournament I thought I might need to get some practice so I made my son play me some over the weekend . I the spirit of promoting the sport and keeping young blood...
  6. J

shortened ball count or short rack

Hey guys I saw this in the promo for the October in Memphis ..for loser side long matches ....I have never played that way can you elaborate on how a short rack is played ... as always appreciate the info .. joekerley
  7. J

all ball foul pros and cons

Around Memphis the all ball foul rule is showing up with mixed success in one pocket matches. I would say 50/50. I happen to play it a lot ( my opponent's choice) and found one plus ....you might turn down some cue ball in the stack shots which helps on the defense side of things . A minus...
  8. J

things to do in memphis

Hey guys really enjoyed you guys last time and looking forward to this one .I thought a little local info might help , such as our interstate I/40 ,I 240 makes just one huge circle around the city. Bills Place (the rec.) is only 5 minutes from this loop . It takes maybe 45 min to drive whole...
  9. J

Women?

Any idea why so few women play one pocket?