Search results

1. M

John Henderson passes away...

I was missing John tonight so I came here to read all the threads & comments. I laughed out loud reading some of the stories & John's one-liners from all his friends. And then I came to this thread and Billy's comment. My smile turned to tears as I read it. Thank you so much, Billy - it means so...
  2. M

Yes, I'm clicking "like" although I feel "sad" also...:(
  3. M

John Henderson Passed

I'm so sorry, Howard... 💔
  4. M

This is what I wrote tonight to honor the passing of my friend early this morning... The year was 1980. It was a gorgeous day in southern California but we were on the hunt for action. We walked into Bellflower Billiards & the place was empty. No houseman – nobody. We turned around to...
  5. M

John Henderson

I'm so sorry, Bill...💔
  6. M

Our Hearts go out to Dr. Bill and Family

Oh, Billy...I'm so sorry - I just saw this. :( I've got nothing but great memories from those days in the mid '80s in Vegas hanging in your "man cave" before they were called man caves. Never knew who was going to stop by - Eddie Kelly, Larry Schwartz, Frantone & whoever else was in town at...
  7. M

BIRTHDAY- JERRY 'BABY HUEY' MATCHIN

Happy birthday, my friend!
  8. M

Romy’s, 4th & Main, Los Angeles

Bo started coming into Cue-Topia after he moved to Vegas in 1990. Once in a while he'd have Dean Chance with him. I have a signed photo of him & Mamie Van Doren around here somewhere. He was a great guy & had plenty of pool stories. In the link below, the article talks about how he got started...
  9. M

Biggest gambler in pool dies at 94.

Here's another photo of him... https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10200225653147553&set=a.4943356905271
  10. M

Legends of One Pocket Pic

No, Doc - not Rafael... I have this posted in one of my 70 Wall of Fame albums (over 14,000 photos) on Facebook - you should get on there! You might see someone you know! ;)
  11. M

Baby Huey

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Jerry. Going to miss you both at this year's Senior One Pocket but I'm sure I'll see you guys soon. Stay strong - sending positive thoughts!!!
  12. M

Legends of One Pocket Pic

'91 Legends of One Pocket - Philadelphia, PA Top row: Ralph Carnes, Michael Wilson, Bill Staton ("Weenie Beanie"), Roger Griffis, Hal Mix, Larry Lisciotti, Wesley Oyama & Ronnie Williams Middle row: Paul Jones, ?, Dick Weaver, Grady Mathews, Bill Marshall ("Willie Jopling"), ?, Steve Cook &...
  13. M

CONGRATULATIONS TO JOHN HENDERSON NEWEST HOF LIFETIME IN ACTION RECIPIENT

You're more than welcome, John. Appreciate it. :)
  14. M

Buffalo's Pro Classic Recap 2021

Tap, tap! Great report, Joe, & thanks for all you do in the background.
  15. M

Hall of Fame Induction

Congratulations, my friend! I was honored to introduce you! Well deserved!
  16. M

CONGRATULATIONS TO JOHN HENDERSON NEWEST HOF LIFETIME IN ACTION RECIPIENT

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I was honored to be asked by our friend John to accept the award for him. He's one of the best people I know in pool - and that's a very short list. Congratulations, my friend! Well deserved! Pulling for you to get back to the pool room!!!
  17. M

NOLA Diner news flash

Bille & I are in! :)
  18. M

Legends of One Pocket I - January 4-6, 1991

? is Pete Fusco from Philly.
  19. M

Stardust results

When I lived in Alameda, CA in the early '80s, I used to drive over to Dee Hulse's Executive Billiards in Redwood City on Monday nights & play Evelyn straight pool. After she & Sax left for the night, Dee would match me up for some cheap 9 ball. Good memories...:)