Search results

1. Masta Cruz

Fresno, CA

Unfortunately Fresno is my town and absolutely zero one pocket to be found (besides myself). The Rack billiards is owned by a top local pool player, they have small weekly tournaments on mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, usually starts around 8pm-close. The Tuesday 9 ball and Friday 8 ball are the...
  2. Masta Cruz

OCT 2021 - 'POV X' - $4,000 added One-Pocket / Taking Signups (64 Players/No Fees)

Actually he came into the pool room a few hours after I sent it pay pal. But he said it was confirmed and the payment went thru successfully.
  3. Masta Cruz

OCT 2021 - 'POV X' - $4,000 added One-Pocket / Taking Signups (64 Players/No Fees)

Pay-pal worked perfectly for me. Chris was able to confirm my entry same day I sent it.
  4. Masta Cruz

Stamina Question

Protein bars are my secret to endurance. I always have some on hand to get me through a long session. I find it much more convenient than having to eat a meal. Currently I use the chocolate mint Cliff builders 20g protein bar. One of those and I’m good to play for another 4-6 hours easily. It’s...
  5. Masta Cruz

US Open One Pocket at Griffs?

Thanks guys, I’m about to head that way. 6 hour drive from the Central Valley. Probably longer for me because I take my time and drive slow. Here is a copy of the most recent Facebook information for anyone who doesn’t have Facebook: ***SURPRISE BONUS FROM OB CUES*** OB Custom Cues has...
  6. Masta Cruz

US Open One Pocket at Griffs?

I decided to attend for the first time. Here is the current player list per griffs Facebook page as of yesterday:
  7. Masta Cruz

Condensed matches, what do you think?

I took a brief look and my first impression I think your condensed versions are kind of cool both 9b and 1pkt. Personally I think they can be a fun compliment to the full versions. Especially if maybe the match is two players I’m not quite fond enough of to view their whole match with...
  8. Masta Cruz

Intentional foul jumping cue ball off table

Same here, the lower deflection the shaft the harder it is for me to jump a ball off the table as well. i used to get my break cue out to do it if/when its allowed. i'm using revo now and it is even more difficult than my old 314 FAT shaft. some funny things have been happening though...
  9. Masta Cruz

Hard times Sacramento 1p tourny today sun 11/15

In case anyone around Northern California doesn’t know; hard times is planning a 1pm monthly-esque one pocket tournament for today. And potentially a mini in the evening.
  10. Masta Cruz

Derby City Classic

I heard the event was still on. I’ve had my roomed booked for a month but due to work schedule I’m probably going to have to cancel. Might be for the best I suppose but I sure was planning on going.
  11. Masta Cruz

Derby City

I booked mine right now after seeing this post. Group code didnt work but the rate looked like the discounted rate. I have the same stance as Jerry I’ll keep an eye on things and book flights later if it looks good.
  12. Masta Cruz

DCC 2021

I also don’t have a clue how the event is going to be put on packing all of us into those tight spaces. But I’m going to book the room and if things get cancelled then I’ll simply eat the charge for cancellation. But at least I’ll have my room secured in case everything is back to normal by then.
  13. Masta Cruz

DCC 2021

Group code isn’t working for me either. I think it’s too early to book, usually the derby page or the Facebook derby page tells us when the code is valid. Last year was mid October I believe. Then the code goes live. I’m going to book as soon as the code works.
  14. Masta Cruz

3 fouls, how common?

Funny story during my best finish in California billiards POV pool’s winter one pocket tournament a few years back Jerry Matchin beat me on the winners side quarterfinal AND in the losers side third place match. In both losing efforts I was hill-0 and Jerry battled back to win 2-3 breaking my...
  15. Masta Cruz

Sacramento July 5th 1p tournament

Well fair enough. I cancelled my hotel and suggested to Oscar to hold onto my PayPal money for the next tournament I come up for upon the next re opening. Probably for the best I’m sure so that we don’t put ourselves potentially further into harms way. That’s why the governor closes things...
  16. Masta Cruz

Maybe if it did affect hard times he could do a private locked door event players only. That’s what we did here in my area at one of the pool halls. We’ve been having a couple tournaments one big one small and several ring game nights sometimes ten players, 1$ on the three and six ball, 2$ on...
  17. Masta Cruz

I completely agree John Same with my mother, she’s not happy either. This is my primary fear. I don’t mind risking my health, it’s bringing anything home to my parents and such. But I’m also back to the gym, so is my mother. And I think a gym is the worst place imaginable due to everyone...
  18. Masta Cruz

Thanks Jim, no matter my performance I’ll consider it a win if I don’t bring any virus home with me. Myself and a friend of mine who is considering playing the nine ball event had confusion on the mask issue. I assumed that reads masks are mandatory when playing your match. My friend thinks...
  19. Masta Cruz

Flyer attached. Oscar is taking entries via PayPal to secure a spot. So far there is 6/32 confirmed including myself. I’m very happy he scheduled the one pocket for Sunday and the nine ball Saturday. Usually it’s the opposite and I get terrible sleep before driving up for the Saturday...
  20. Masta Cruz

Covid-19 era pool playing

Sure, I believe it’s called a neck gaiter? It’s very breathable and comfortable for me. I’m able to sort of bunch it up a bit at the top and give it extra slack so it doesn’t pull down as I shoot. I’ll try to attach an image, hope it might work for you too. Honestly i hate to say but it was...