Walking with giants, incardona

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Thanks to everyone for their recognition of what every over the hill champion wants to hear. Lol. You guys are a great bunch of people, and I appreciate all the nice things that were said. As I mentioned, it feels good to be relevant, even if only for the briefest.

Dr. Bill

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Very few of the guys from that era had his smarts and his desire to succeed.

Heh. I was around him some in the 90s -- he didn't notice, I was just watching from nearby -- and the thing I remember most about him in those days was how often his peers and semi-peers would consult him for everything from where to break from on this table to what they should have for breakfast. (In Baton Rouge, it was where to go for Barbecue. :D )

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
In the early 70's at the Bellflower Palace Dr. Bill came in and played a guy on the front table, it obviously was a schedule match. I, a 19 yr old wet behind the ears, sat front and center and thought to myself in watching Billy that this is the finest OP player I have ever seen. He hit the balls so gently, just as if they were eggs.
I remember one scenario, the guy appeared to have Billy slightly hook on a ball to his hole, but Billy addressed the shot and he was not hooked anymore.
The guy got madder than hell, for he felt Billy slid his bridge hand up upon the cb which made the shot available. A knowledgeable hustler move if you ask me! lol! Whitey