Recent content by mosconiac

1. M

Newb Hit A Good One

I'm not much of a 1P player, but I'm trying hard to improve & learn this game (I run a league out of my local poolhall so I can keep learning). I was playing a seasoned player last night & hit one of the best shots of my life. I've always been a decent "kicker" (purely math-based stuff), but...
  2. M

Frustrated with Banks That "Back Up"

What is the solution to this problem? Yeah, I could just hit all shots softer, but sometimes you gotta stroke one to get shape, right? Is this typical of certain playing conditions, humidity, particular cushions, temp, GC vs diamond...
  3. M

Greatest Back-to-Back Shots I've Been A Party Too

I've been putting on a 1P league in my area and it's coming down to me & the local favorite. Anyway, I hit what I thought was the most shrude & well-played shots of my life and it wasn't good enough! Here's what happened...
  4. M

Considering Development of a (local) 1P League

I have undertaken a pretty successful (independent, handicapped) 14.1 league at my local poolhall. I've mentioned the idea of complimenting my 14.1 league with a handicapped 1P league to many of the players and the response has been beyond positive! I'm at that point where I either give it a...
  5. M

“Great Moments in 1P History”, by Efren Reyes

I'm new to the game, but I am priviledged to have come along at a time when I can study Efren Reyes' game in person. It's pretty obvious that Efren Reyes is an inspiration to me. He is so adept at all cue games. In particular, I see things in his 1P game that no one else seems to have. You...
  6. M

Learning 1P--Did I Do The Right Things?

Everyone, I'm learning 1P and feel there is no better way to learn any game but to regularly play a better player. In that regard, I've been pretty lucky at getting a pretty good local player to play me some cheap games just for the experience (he could probably give me 9-7 or 9-6 and win)...
  7. M

"Road Player" Danny DiLiberto

Where would one find a copy of said DVD set?
  8. M

Let's Discuss This Situation

Socre tied 5-5 in an unhandicapped match. We have the following situation: http://CueTable.com/P/?@0N4Abrv4BcqB4Cchp1DJEP1EWRn1FYVc4Gdnx2HXpd4IdWp2JXuf3KdXD3Ldvu3Mdnp3NcaC3OcQs3PbBd3qalkOur_Pocket&ZZ@ It is our shot and we are shooting to "our pocket". What would your next move be? Please...
  9. M

Efren's display in the 2006 DCC semi-finals

If I possessed Efren's stroke, I could entertain the thought of shooting this shot. Massive right (inside) spin *might* get me there. This would leave me position on the 1 to play position on the 5 (EDIT: or the 4-3 combo) to break open the rest of the cluster if needed. What was the score...