Recent content by J.R.

1. J.R.

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

The information that you received in your telephonic call to Diamond Billiard Products, Inc. that there is no difference in the construction of the pool tables between the three logos (red, and two different shaped logos) is inaccurate. May I ask who did you speak to at Diamond?
  2. J.R.

There are three generations of the current style of Pro-Am, Smart, and Professional Diamond tables. Simply, the red label Diamond table is the 1st generation, the blue label with curvy lines is the 2nd generation, and the blue oval label is the 3rd generation. I believe the biggest differences...
  3. J.R.

Bank Tournament at Red Shoes Billiards in Alsip, Illinois on May 18, 2024

Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye! Red Shoes Billiards located at 12009 S. Pulaski Road, Alsip, Illinois will be hosting an "Iron Man" bank pool tournament on May 18, 2024. The tournament is limited to the first 30 players who sign up. Entry fee is $50 (green fees included) and $500 is added based on...
  4. J.R.

WWYD Out of Boredom

If the 9-ball cannot go two rails between the 1-ball and 3-ball THEN I would play the 9-ball three rails. The 9-ball would strike the third rail and carom off the 2-ball into the scoring pocket. OR I would once again play the 9-ball, but only one rail down table and have it come back and...
  5. J.R.

I called Fargo and complained about having a 714 rating. I should have at least an 814 rating. But then I could hear a lot of laughter coming from the other end of my call so I hung up. Actually, I haven't played very many games that were rated by Fargo, all of which were on a bar table to the...
  6. J.R.

Ray vs. Tom #1.

I would bank the 15-ball and attempt to get it as close to my side of the table. I would focus on not striking the stack with the cue ball which would mean a thin cut on the 15-ball. I would bring the cue ball down table to approximately where the cue ball was originally positioned.
  7. J.R.

2025 Derby City Classic

I am a rather slow player myself but I understand why the TD staff would not return to the old One Pocket Rules because there are individuals who play too, too slow. The Grady Rule is a tool to ensure that the one pocket discipline at the Derby City Classic is completed within a set time frame...
  8. J.R.

Waat da peeps due?

I've played a lot of full rack banks over the years and this is a common occurrence. I would do exactly what "cincy_kid" posted. Strike the cue ball with right hand English going rail first and making the 8-ball. The cue ball will subsequently bank off the foot rail, the long rail, and back...
  9. J.R.

Happy Birthday, Warren Ruth!

Happy Birthday, Warren. 🤡 🧁 🎱 🎂🍾
  10. J.R.

Simple wwyd(or is it?)

I'd roll the cue ball into the 5-ball and let my opponent shoot from the corner. The distance the cue ball from the 5-ball is about 6 feet 5 inches. Once the cue ball contacts the 5-ball it has to travel is about 2 feet 10 inches. Total distance of this shot is 9 feet 3 inches. Unless your...
  11. J.R.

Iron Man "One Pocket Tournament" on February 24th, 2024 at Red Shoes Billiards in Alsip, Illinois.

The results of the 2/24/2024 Red Shoes "Iron Man" One Pocket Tournament had Sergio Perez winning multiple matches on the loser's side which allowed him to play for the championship (one race to 3) vs Indiana Jose (last name begins with the letter L). The tournament concluded with Sergio Perez...
  12. J.R.

Iron Man "One Pocket Tournament" on February 24th, 2024 at Red Shoes Billiards in Alsip, Illinois.

His first name is "Jose." He's from Indiana. He'll usually pop-up at Chris's Billiards. The Red Shoes "one pocket tournament" didn't have any killers in the line-up like Mark Jarvis and Ike Runnels. But it was filled with 30 formidable shortstops. I'll get some more information about...
  13. J.R.

Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting an Iron Man (one day tournament) "one pocket tournament" on Saturday the 24th of February 2024. The players meeting is at 1100 am. This is a $50 entry fee (green fee included). $500 is added based on a full field which is limited to 30 players. It is a...
  14. J.R.

Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting an Iron Man (one day tournament) "one pocket tournament" on Saturday the 24th of February 2024. The players meeting is at 1100 am. This is a $50 entry fee (green fee included). $500 is added based on a full field which is limited to 30 players. It is a...