Recent content by Frank Almanza

1. F

John Henderson passes away...

It’s hard for me to believe that my dear friend is gone. I met him in 1960 and we immediately became good friends. We always joked that we were the same age for a couple months. I will miss you deeply. Thanks Johnny for all the years of friendship. Rest in peace my friend.
  2. F

Griff's US Open of One Pocket?

A lot of top players missing.
  3. F

Griff's US Open of One Pocket?

Now up to 40
  4. F

I HAVE COVID AND PLAYED AT BOGIES

Sorry to hear this Larry. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
  5. F

8th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament Bogies Billiards Houston, Tx.

Like you always said “suit up”.
  6. F

Happy Birthday, Frank Almanza

Thank you guys. I’m doing well and wanted to play the last tournament in Fremont but had to stay and nurse my wife after surgery. The only problem with me is endurance. I’m thinking that I need to start an exercise program and see how that goes. Not posting much these days but do visit the site...
  7. F

Donnie "Waterdog" Edwards

I played him around the early seventies. Nice guy and played very well. About 20 years ago we met in Vegas. He came up to me and we talked for a while. Truth is that I would have never recognized him because he had changed so much. Life was not treating him well. I felt sad for him.
  8. F

DCC Streams/Recordings/Updates

Didn’t know the rule I guess but it wouldn’t have mattered because he was hooked on that hanging ball and would have had to kick at it and scratched. Great shot if not for the rule. He jumped over the two balls that were on the spot.
  9. F

Look who's getting the One Hole Bug! - Oscar D vs John 626 S

I believe it’s going to be on YouTube at postup. Free stream. Maybe around 2 or 3 pm. Ten ahead could last awhile.
  10. F

Birthday...Birthday....Dr. Bill Incardona

Happy Birthday mr. Bill. Enjoy your day.
  11. F

MEMORIES

True Johnny about all the bowling alleys and the golf games. One game at Montery Park bowl had a game that started at 11am and went till closing at 2 am. You and I have been friends since about 1960 and have played in all those places. In the game at Montery Park one of the players (Pat the...
  12. F

Romy’s, 4th & Main, Los Angeles

Keifer was staking MORRO against Kim Davenport for 5k and I believe Kim won.
  13. F

Romy’s, 4th & Main, Los Angeles

My story about the first time I went to Romy’s. It was in 1960. I had a good friend that was a student at Molars barber college just a block from this pool room. I told him that I would come to have lunch with him that day and I would be at Romy’s. Well when he took his lunch break he came to...
  14. F

1p etiquette- ?

Since my draw shot has almost dissapeared I’m going to start carrying silicone in my case. Thanks for the tip Lou.