Recent content by DickP

1. D

Well, JTomPilot just gave me a 1P education...

Ouch. Jim just crushed me good. But what a gentleman!
  2. D

Thanks for making a newby feel welcome!

My wife and I got into town late on Friday and we had to drive back early on Sunday, so I didn't get to meet as many of you guys as I'd have liked to. Frankly, I was terrified to mix it up with real one-pocket players. I've never played in a tournament, let alone one that was live-streamed...
  3. D

Trickin' out my table...

So how do you make a custom restored Mark Gregory Brunswick Anniversary even more ridiculous? Ground effects! And illuminated pockets...
  4. D

Interesting Side-Break

Hey all- At about 1:05 into the YouTube link below, Grady performs a side-break I've never seen executed before. Basically, instead of placing the cue on the kitchen line alongside your pocket's side rail and kicking off the opposite side rail into the stack - the only way I've seen a...
  5. D

uninterrupted play/sharking allowed games

I'd love to see players like Scott and Alex playing an uninterrupted eight-ahead set with something like one 20-minute break every six hours. It could grind on for 48 hours, or 72, or however long it takes - they just play and play until one person wins outright or the other collapses from...
  6. D

Thoughts on short-rack 1-pocket?

Do you all ever rack in the manner of short-rack banks/9-ball and then play an otherwise conventional version of 1-pocket? I've read all sorts of proposed changes to 1-pocket rules and never been impressed - it always seems like needlessly fiddling with something that's not broken. But my...
  7. D

What is "the patch"?

Hi all - Towards the bottom of this interview about Bugs (http://www.onepocket.org/BugsInterviewPart2.htm), Glen Rogers describes a training exercise Bugs showed him called "the patch." It sounds like the cueball goes inside a circle of balls, and you try to bank the balls without the cueball...