Thanx Freddie the Beard!

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
I have been watching a bunch of my older one pocket matches from accustats, and some of Jay's tourneys. The commentators kept mentioning Artie, and Freddie, and the Chicago style. Having Freddies books, I naturally went to his website again to read the interviews from these guys......VERY COOL STUFF! Just what I needed right before the Derby to fill my head with nostalgia.

Reading about Artie saying he was not the best player, but the best manager of the game kind of lifted a veil for me. It's not always the guy who shoots best who wins, but the best thinker.

My game tends to be VERY aggressive, and Ronnie Allen explaining how to play the score was awsome.....I usually kept pushing balls to my hole no matter the score.....not any more.

thanx again Freddie, hope to meet you some day,

Gerry

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
Gerry said:
I have been watching a bunch of my older one pocket matches from accustats, and some of Jay's tourneys. The commentators kept mentioning Artie, and Freddie, and the Chicago style. Having Freddies books, I naturally went to his website again to read the interviews from these guys......VERY COOL STUFF! Just what I needed right before the Derby to fill my head with nostalgia.

Reading about Artie saying he was not the best player, but the best manager of the game kind of lifted a veil for me. It's not always the guy who shoots best who wins, but the best thinker.

My game tends to be VERY aggressive, and Ronnie Allen explaining how to play the score was awsome.....I usually kept pushing balls to my hole no matter the score.....not any more.

thanx again Freddie, hope to meet you some day,

Gerry
Gerry he has some good stuff ..I have one his DVD's..I don't think he's trying to be rude to a customer thanking him by not acknowledging you ..I think he is in silent mode