Daulton vs. Reyes 1998 Legends Of One Pocket

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
Stopping the cb in the stack would be the most important result of this shot for me.

Attachments

• Daulton vs. Reyes 1998 Legends Of One Pocket - OnePocket.jpg
    Daulton vs. Reyes 1998 Legends Of One Pocket - OnePocket.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 0

senor

Verified Member
ace said:
Stopping the cb in the stack would be the most important result of this shot for me.

You get better with every post, ace :) Nice shot. Might be a little easier to execute shooting the 9 into the 2 instead of the 8.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I like about the same shot as ace. I'd try a lot of middle CB spin and try to get past the stack. Maybe get lucky :) and kiss something in.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
I like about the same shot as ace. I'd try a lot of middle CB spin and try to get past the stack. Maybe get lucky :) and kiss something in.
Rod.

Rod, I don't think the angle offered is condusive to shoot your shot, looks like you're headed toward the stack with whitey.:eek:

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like kicking two cushions toward the 6 and 4 ball with a medium speed. You have a big target with a lot of upside, but the speed of the shot is important, medium speed. After contact the cue ball should end up near the side pocket.that's the speed the shot should be hit with.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Skin said:
Kick off the long rail, make the 1, bring the cb close to the 9 where Efren can't see the 7, and keeping going with the 8.

Skin
I like your shot Skin, but I would try to reposition the cue ball in the stack off the one ball. Very similiar to your shot, same concept but I would use the stack instead of the 9 ball for blockers.

The speed of this shot is important, I believe this shot should be hit with a soft speed, not to lose controll of the cue ball.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
too bad the solid ball looks like it is headed towards my opponents pocket i wish i could do something like this
dd2.jpg

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Skin said:
Kick off the long rail, make the 1, bring the cb close to the 9 where Efren can't see the 7, and keeping going with the 8.

Skin
Thats one tough kick.

I think the 9 - 2 with the Q ball into the stack looks best to me.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I would shoot ace's shot here...but senor's version of it - the angle dictates shooting the 9 into the 2, not into the 8.

- Ghost

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
Rod, I don't think the angle offered is condusive to shoot your shot, looks like you're headed toward the stack with whitey.:eek:

Billy I.

You're right not many of us can handle that shot.;)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I kind of like shooting the 9 into the 2 also(if gambling), but this is game 7, you're playing Efren, and he's on one foul. Shannon kicked one rail and put him on the side of the stack, taking a foul too.

Greenshot_2010-12-06_09-42-42.jpg

Shannons Foul.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I kind of like shooting the 9 into the 2 also(if gambling), but this is game 7, you're playing Efren, and he's on one foul. Shannon kicked one rail and put him on the side of the stack, taking a foul too.

View attachment 1879

View attachment 1880
Taking the intentional in this spot, playing a player that has the offensive skills as Reyes is an excellent choice, especially since Reyes is on the first foul.

This is another example of how the intentional foul can benefit you, not only is the intentional used to get out of traps, but it also serves another purpose to put your opponent in a trap. In this situation the extra ball that Shannon would need taking the intentional is trivial in comparison to the reward he's working toward. The first shot.;)

Congrat's goes to Larry for seeing this option.:cool:

Billy I.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
These examples are exactly why I look at this forum daily...
I find more champions shoot shots that are simple, direct and to the point of winning the first shot, or setting a trap for their opponent...

Doc, you could be in trouble when I get home... lol:eek:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 1879

View attachment 1880
Lets go on to {ATTACH} 1880 and take a look at the results of Shannons intentional. If you notice Reyes has an option to reposition the cue ball somewhere close to where Shannon took the intentional from. By applying a little masse on the cue ball Reyes should reposition the cue ball up table using the 1 ball once again as a blocker. The difference is that Shannon will most likely be looking at a much better situation in terms of winning the game. Either by playing an offensive shot, or putting more pressure on Reyes by improving his position.

Reye's could kick under the 8 ball, if that option is available. That would be my choice if it was available. But if that option is available then I would have my doubts on Shannons intentional being the right shot.:confused:

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
Reye's could kick under the 8 ball, if that option is available. That would be my choice if it was available. But if that option is available then I would have my doubts on Shannons intentional being the right shot.:confused:

Billy I.

That seems the only sensible choice from here.;)
Rod.