Wednesday 1p With Rod

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
I don't normally like to wave pom-poms..but I have to give it up to Rod yesterday. He played real well..I think Freddy loaned him 2-3 of his bank shots ( those twisty back banks) and then he went Babe Ruth on me,pointed and called his shot..bank,kiss,carom,boom in the hole 4-5 times..ran 6-8 balls to many times to count..anyway..note to self..When you enter the DRAGONS LAIR bring flame thrower and A-GAME...I brought neither..got roasted

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Go baby, go

Go baby, go

MARK..HOU TX said:
I don't normally like to wave pom-poms..but I have to give it up to Rod yesterday. He played real well..I think Freddy loaned him 2-3 of his bank shots ( those twisty back banks) and then he went Babe Ruth on me,pointed and called his shot..bank,kiss,carom,boom in the hole 4-5 times..ran 6-8 balls to many times to count..anyway..note to self..When you enter the DRAGONS LAIR bring flame thrower and A-GAME...I brought neither..got roasted

Get him, Rodney. Just a shame you had to work over one of our forum members.
Pool is the only game where we eat our own.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
MARK..HOU TX said:
mark takes courage to admit a beat down and take resposibility for it and praise your opponent.:)
but you used it as a learning experience. can you tell me where I can buy some flame throwers and an A game???;)
p.s. Rod way to go !! great shooting:)

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

Beard
Freddy, he is about 15-16- yrs older than me..being an optimist I figure I have that long to get that good..am i a Patriot or Pinhead

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
lll said:
mark takes courage to admit a beat down and take resposibility for it and praise your opponent.:)
but you used it as a learning experience. can you tell me where I can buy some flame throwers and an A game???;)
p.s. Rod way to go !! great shooting:)
Flame throwers?...DRAGON DEFENCE SECURITY STORES...Can't help ya with the A game part

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Freddy, he'll be fine. He had minor back surgery 6/8 weeks ago, so I took no mercy on him.:) He's in business for himself and always trying to talk me into going to the DCC. He watches a lot of pool and says if any of the spritely 60 year olds on this site would spot me two balls he'd stake me. I tell him how much I hate pool tournaments and how conservative the people here are.;)
Rod

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
androd said:
Freddy, he'll be fine. He had minor back surgery 6/8 weeks ago, so I took no mercy on him.:) He's in business for himself and always trying to talk me into going to the DCC. He watches a lot of pool and says if any of the spritely 60 year olds on this site would spot me two balls he'd stake me. I tell him how much I hate pool tournaments and how conservative the people here are.;)
Rod

I hope he is able to talk you into going to the DCC this year. I would like to meet you and if you do, I promise I will play you 4 games of onepocket at 10 a game at 9-6, so you can meet your nut for at least one day.:D I sell out a lot so you should get to 9 pretty quick.:p

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
I hope he is able to talk you into going to the DCC this year. I would like to meet you and if you do, I promise I will play you 4 games of onepocket at 10 a game at 9-6, so you can meet your nut for at least one day.:D I sell out a lot so you should get to 9 pretty quick.:p
My wife has already said if you want to go ..go..have fun I suspect that Rod would probably have a good time because he knows a lot of the guys that will be there. Lets live on the wild side for 3-4 days and get the HELL out of our zip code..I promise to have you back to your hotel bed by 9:30 with a glass of warm milk and your book ..Cali..you and some of the others need to gently woof him into it ..I know him ..he does'nt do anything he does not want to do ..he's always very clear..He just does not realize he wants to go is all

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
androd said:
Rod
2 balls from 60 year olds?..Well..ok..I thought you said 80 year olds

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
MARK..HOU TX said:
My wife has already said if you want to go ..go..have fun I suspect that Rod would probably have a good time because he knows a lot of the guys that will be there. Lets live on the wild side for 3-4 days and get the HELL out of our zip code..I promise to have you back to your hotel bed by 9:30 with a glass of warm milk and your book ..Cali..you and some of the others need to gently woof him into it ..I know him ..he does'nt do anything he does not want to do ..he's always very clear..He just does not realize he wants to go is all
mark check to see if the hotel is dog friendly. that might be an incentive.:)
on the other hand walking the dog in the cold ,snow or ice might not be.:(

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
lll said:
mark check to see if the hotel is dog friendly. that might be an incentive.:)
on the other hand walking the dog in the cold ,snow or ice might not be.:(

Larry
She's a pretty good pool detective. She doesn't let anyone but suckers pet her.
Rod.
PS, That's how she found me. ;)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
MARK..HOU TX said:
2 balls from 60 year olds?..Well..ok..I thought you said 80 year olds

Mark.....Just to help get him to the DCC...for a sociable $50 a game I will give Rod 2 balls - I'll give him 20 to 18...:) :D :)

- Ghost

Last edited:

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Mark.....Just to help get him to the DCC...for a sociable $50 a game I will give Rod 2 balls - I'll give him 20 to 18...:) :D :)

- Ghost
WHOA WHOA..GHOST..as his agent all game contracts go through me..First order of business is scheduling a 1 hr special with ESPN so my client ( LEROD ) can reveal whether or not he is going to take his talents to DCC. Next is appearance fee.. Limo and Driver..etc... This is when Rod Serlings voice over kicks in..."We have just taken a look into the world of 1 POCKET..A specialized brand of pocket billiards..and 1 of its practicioners,..LE ROD JAMES and his agent who at this moment is a little off center on pain pills and 3rd coffee...IN THE "TWILIGHT ZONE"

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
MARK..HOU TX said:
WHOA WHOA..GHOST..as his agent all game contracts go through me..First order of business is scheduling a 1 hr special with ESPN so my client ( LEROD ) can reveal whether or not he is going to take his talents to DCC. Next is appearance fee.. Limo and Driver..etc... This is when Rod Serlings voice over kicks in..."We have just taken a look into the world of 1 POCKET..A specialized brand of pocket billiards..and 1 of its practicioners,..LE ROD JAMES and his agent who at this moment is a little off center on pain pills and 3rd coffee...IN THE "TWILIGHT ZONE"

Mark....I think I know the real reason why Rod won't/can't leave the house and play One Pocket anywhere else...

I think maybe the Feds have him wearing one of those electronic-home-detention-ankle-bracelets, and he's not allowed to leave...:D :p :D

- Ghost

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Mark....I think I know the real reason why Rod won't/can't leave the house and play One Pocket anywhere else...

I think maybe the Feds have him wearing one of those electronic-home-detention-ankle-bracelets, and he's not allowed to leave...:D :p :D

- Ghost

I'm not ascirt of no stinking feds. They encourage me to go, I owe them several millions and have promised to pay when I book a winner playing pool.
The locals ( my wife) on the other hand won't renew my visa, as the bankroll is in serious jepordy when I get around pool sharks, so I don't have persimmons to go.;)
Rod.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost
Ghost ..he wears those bracelets and all kinds of shiny costume jewelry..just sayin

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I have heard that before

I have heard that before

androd said:
I'm not ascirt of no stinking feds. They encourage me to go, I owe them several millions and have promised to pay when I book a winner playing pool.
The locals ( my wife) on the other hand won't renew my visa, as the bankroll is in serious jepordy when I get around pool sharks, so I don't have persimmons to go.;)
Rod.

Rod, you remind me of a guy I loaned a few hundred to, who went to Vegas and won $75,000 in a handicapping tourn. He came home dead broke a week later. When I asked him for my cheese he produced a letter from the IRS, and said I had to get in line. He owed the govt. about 460K.

Beard

Later on I realized what a great move that was to put off all his debtors.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
Rod, you remind me of a guy I loaned a few hundred to, who went to Vegas and won $75,000 in a handicapping tourn. He came home dead broke a week later. When I asked him for my cheese he produced a letter from the IRS, and said I had to get in line. He owed the govt. about 460K.

Beard

Later on I realized what a great move that was to put off all his debtors.

My tab was 786,000 in 1991 I imagine penalty and interest have accrued somewhat in the last 20 yrs.
Fortunately for my friends and aquaintance's I owe zero. I have always paid myself broke with the first money I won when I was hustling pool. Later with the sports I made it a habit to pay on Tue. and tried to collect the rest of the week. ;)
Rod.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
androd said:
My tab was 786,000 in 1991 I imagine penalty and interest have accrued somewhat in the last 20 yrs.
Fortunately for my friends and aquaintance's I owe zero. I have always paid myself broke with the first money I won when I was hustling pool. Later with the sports I made it a habit to pay on Tue. and tried to collect the rest of the week. ;)
Rod.
When the DEA joined forces with IRS and had there crosshairs on me...game, set and match...seems they take a dim view of pilots flying south of the border..did my FED time and been square with the gov since 1980..BTW just pot