Cliff vs. Santos 2nd Shot

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would go thin off the 7 and then uptable, using the 3-15 to keep the guy from seeing the 5 ball. Might be real good. Never mind - I didn't see the 8 ball behind the scoreboard. Maybe I will drive straight forward thru the 14 and leave the CB behind the 5, counting on the 6 to keep the 14 from rebounding into my face.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Santos might be able to follow nearly straight through the 14-4 combo (both balls go off in different directions) with a light touch of top left -- if all goes well he could end up with the cue behind the 5-ball.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2010-10-23_19-50-01.jpg
    Greenshot_2010-10-23_19-50-01.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
vapros said:
I would go thin off the 7 and then uptable, using the 3-15 to keep the guy from seeing the 5 ball. Might be real good. Never mind - I didn't see the 8 ball behind the scoreboard. Maybe I will drive straight forward thru the 14 and leave the CB behind the 5, counting on the 6 to keep the 14 from rebounding into my face.
V-Man,

I think that is a good shot even with the 8 ball there. I can't show the cueball going further uptable because there is no full-table shot of this layout.

CUsersDennisPicturesCapturedPicture_6.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
looks like like you might be able to combo the 2 into the 5 to bank towards your side. the 2 would go up table and the q would end on the short rail
question is can you beat the kiss of the 2 and 5

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I Like The Carom

I Like The Carom

you are in big trouble, i would consider caroming the 13 off the 12. i would play a bit of draw with right spin and attempt to spin the CB above the 3 ball and 15 ball. i dont like going up table and leaving a shot on the 8 ball. these guys play to good to leave that shot. Sappo

Fanatic

Verified Member
What a tough spot...:eek: I think in this spot a masse shot behind the five is appropriate...it looks like there's plenty of room to curve the qball without much chance of erring and selling out...I don't know if thats what was done but I would play that. I also like Sappo's shot but against any of these players, I'd prefer to play a safer shot...one mistake and their out.
XOXO

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
NH Steve said:
Santos might be able to follow nearly straight through the 14-4 combo (both balls go off in different directions) with a light touch of top left -- if all goes well he could end up with the cue behind the 5-ball.

I like that shot if it lays. I also like going up-table. He's for sure not gonna shoot the 8 although there are some other shots he might shoot from up there possibly still leaving you in big trouble. Another possibility is shooting the 13 and freezing him on that ball nex to the 2.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Fanatic said:
What a tough spot...:eek: I think in this spot a masse shot behind the five is appropriate...it looks like there's plenty of room to curve the qball without much chance of erring and selling out...I don't know if thats what was done but I would play that. I also like Sappo's shot but against any of these players, I'd prefer to play a safer shot...one mistake and their out.
XOXO
I like this choice of yours. Not too much distance for the gentle masse and it doesn't look too difficult to execute. As a matter of fact, masse may not even be needed. This gets the five away from the hole and doesn't leave much for a return offensive shot and may give you a better opportunity for an offensive turn later. Fanny where's the lines?

Fanatic

Verified Member
Frank Almanza said:
Fanny where's the lines?

LOL...I think I just got carried away that first time ;) I figured here a visual wouldn't be necessary :D
XOXO

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
NH Steve said:
Not only might he do that, he did do that, kind of:) . I'm certain that he wasn't trying to hit the 5 with the cueball but it worked out for him.

Santos' Excellent Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it:

Santos' Leave.Jpeg