Breit/Osborne Shot #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's game 2 and Jack is up 1-0 and 4-0 in balls. He has the lower right-hand pocket as you view the screen. What would you do here? I'll say again, he has the lower right-hand pocket.

Breit's 2nd Shot.Jpeg

timdog24

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game 2 and Jack is up 1-0 and 4-0 in balls. He has the lower right-hand pocket as you view the screen. What would you do here? I'll say again, he has the lower right-hand pocket.

View attachment 1366

Think I would just give up the 6 with a 4 ball lead. You're asking for trouble if you try to do anything cute like kicking the 6 out.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
If it was me I might give up the 6 and if I was Red I might do his famous double kiss shot and move it over to my side. :)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Fast Lenny said:
If it was me I might give up the 6 and if I was Red I might do his famous double kiss shot and move it over to my side. :)

Lenny, that's what I think Red shot.
Rod.

Attachments

• Breit's 2nd Shot.jpg
    Breit's 2nd Shot.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
It does look the perfect opportunity to double kiss the ball to your side and even possibly make it.
From the position of the q it's hard to hit it bad and kiss into the scratch. When you get it to your side of the table you have the stack to protect it.
I don't like this shot at end game because there is no protection for that ball and usually you give up a return bank.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
He kicked into the end-rail and knocked the 6 out & drew into the striped ball. The 6 hit the cueball again before it headed to the side-rail & uptable. I know my lines are confusing.

Pictures_2010-10-17_06-50-15.jpg

Here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
He kicked into the end-rail and knocked the 6 out & drew into the striped ball. The 6 hit the cueball again before it headed to the side-rail & uptable. I know my lines are confusing.

Wow, 1st in the other thread there's room to bank the 8 ball. Here there's room to get under the 6 ball. A picture may only be worth a hundred words.:p
Rod.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
Wow, 1st in the other thread there's room to bank the 8 ball. Here there's room to get under the 6 ball. A picture may only be worth a hundred words.:p
Rod.
Generally in situations like this one you're better off giving up the ball and playing a solid safety. Just because Red got away with his shot doesn't mean that it was correct, or adviseable. Bottom line, you'll win more games playing conservatively. Especially if your playing a good player.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
Generally in situations like this one you're better off giving up the ball and playing a solid safety. Just because Red got away with his shot doesn't mean that it was correct, or adviseable. Bottom line, you'll win more games playing conservatively. Especially if your playing a good player.

Billy I.

Not me , I'm a gofer. That's why I get the big spots.:p
Rod.