Cornbread vs. Bugs 1991 Legends of One Pocket

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cut the top stripe into the dark ball above my pocket and draw behind the stack.:)
I might bank the dark ball in the kitchen cross corner and come up past the side but nobody seems to like that shot but moi. :p
Rod.
PS,All the dark balls look like the 8 ball to me.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm going to listen to my doctor:rolleyes:
and rearange the furniture:eek:
hit the 8 with draw to use the stripe ball as ablocker for any reply
the 8 hits the first stripe sending it towards my pockey and/or breaking up that cluster
that stripe hits the stripe near his pocket sending it my way and either moves his stripe from his pocket or clears it.
either way i have his pocket cleared of balls and have moved some to me side:)
what do you think????

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
after i took my meds prescribed from my doctor
if the q will slide past the 2 off the 13 id break up the cluster and try to freeze on the 15

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
First thought: I agree it looks like that combo along the rail, into the ball by Bug's pocket has potential to rearrange things more in Red's favor.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
androd said:
Cut the top stripe into the dark ball above my pocket and draw behind the stack.:)
I might bank the dark ball in the kitchen cross corner and come up past the side but nobody seems to like that shot but moi. :p
Rod.
Rod, when Dennis says "lower right-hand pocket" I'm thinking right hand as we look at it in the photo, not as the breaker would look at it from the head of the table... but I could be wrong, Dennis??

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
Rod.
Rod,

Methinks you may be shooting at the wrong pocket:confused: .

EDIT: Steve, I just saw your post and you are correct. Sorry for the confusion Rod.

Dennis

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I believe I will shoot into the 3-ball combination that begins with the 9 ball. Looks like there might be a lovely kiss involved, and I will draw the cueball into the stripe near the left pocket. I will either make it or move it. Don't forget, I'm Cornbread Red today. :eek:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'm looking at the 3 ball combo that startes with the 6 ball. Leave the cue froze to the rail and take out those three balls on my opponents side. Might need a little more angle on this shot so cue ball could drift towards the three ball cluster.

The other shot is to shoot the two ball combo ans drift the cue ball to the bottom rail. If you make the combo there will an easy shot on the solid ball and a bank on the stripe from my opponents hole.

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Keep listening to the doctor

Keep listening to the doctor

lll said:
I'm going to listen to my doctor:rolleyes:
the 8 hits the first stripe sending it towards my pockey and/or breaking up that cluster
that stripe hits the stripe near his pocket sending it my way and either moves his stripe from his pocket or clears it.
what do you think????

That looks like the simplest, strongest shot. All you have to do is stop the cue ball and hit it hard. It's possible that you will get a bad roll and sell out, but that's life. You are leaving the cue ball in the absolute best angle to not leave a shot to his pocket; that is, laying along the long rail.

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The problem with that shot is that, unless it's hit absolutely perfectly (which is hard to do), there's almost surely a sell-out on the 8 ball.

Red is in a pickle here, but he's going to have to think of something else.

Doc

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
I'm going to listen to my doctor
what do you think????
I think you shoud've stayed with your first idea:) . Red did shoot straight-ahead into the 7 ball. Here's what happened:( . The 7 didn't go anywhere and the cueball stopped. Miraculously, Bugs only got one from there, the 7 ball. Thanks to CaliRed for teaching me how to get thoroughly annoyed with computers and still learning how to draw arrows and stuff:p .

Reds Shot 2.jpg

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Cowboy Dennis said:
I think you shoud've stayed with your first idea:) . Red did shoot straight-ahead into the 7 ball. Here's what happened:( . The 7 didn't go anywhere and the cueball stopped. Miraculously, Bugs only got one from there, the 7 ball. Thanks to CaliRed for teaching me how to get thoroughly annoyed with computers and still learning how to draw arrows and stuff:p .

Hey, now THAT is a great job Dennis! I"m proud of ya! You caught on fast!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
CaliRed said:
Hey, now THAT is a great job Dennis! I"m proud of ya! You caught on fast!
CaliRed, do you have a post where you teach this? We need to collect some of your terrific tips in a "How to" collection of links.... this was a real good example of using a screen shot for illustration!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Cowboy Dennis said:
I think you shoud've stayed with your first idea:) . Red did shoot straight-ahead into the 7 ball. Here's what happened:( . The 7 didn't go anywhere and the cueball stopped. Miraculously, Bugs only got one from there, the 7 ball.
Oh, I thought it was the 8 ball for the combo. I'm not surprised that Red ended up badly, as I guessed above. What does surprise me is that Bugs only got one from there.:confused:

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
gulfportdoc said:
Oh, I thought it was the 8 ball for the combo. I'm not surprised that Red ended up badly, as I guessed above. What does surprise me is that Bugs only got one from there.:confused:

Doc
doc good eye to see the problem with that shot :)
if you cheated the hit so there was a little angle on the solid ball it would have slid to reds side and from where the other balls landed he would have been in a good position.if they are both froze to the rail there may be no room to create an angle and still move the stripe near the pocket
in this case he hit it alittle too straight.:(

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
For certain that when he lined up for this shot he saw the seven sliding away to his left and out of range. The error probably occurred because he wanted to make sure that he didn't let the cue ball get away from him by cutting the seven too much.

An understandable mistake that is done more frequent than we like.