another one .what to do??

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Sorry Dennis, I disagree. You don't have to be in trouble in order to take an intentional, you can take an intentional to put your opponent in trouble. No you're not guaranteed to win on your next shot if you take an intentional, but you just might, especially when the balls are positioned like they are.

There are times when you cannot get the cue ball to an exact spot legally, so if you think that you may win the game if you position the cue ball in that exact spot, why not take an intentional? I have paid a price many times for an opportunity to succeed, and many times I have succeeded, and many times I haven't. Everything has a price, and it's up to us to put a value on the opportunities that we choose to pursue.

I have won many times when the intentional was not necessary, but the better option.;)

Billy I.
Bill,

I'll allow you to pick up the cueball and place it where you want it for your foul; where do you want it? I'll put it there for you and post it up.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
why wouldnt you want the q up behind (or close) to the one as diagrammed:confused:
from where i sit the one doesnt go.
Larry, when you take an intentional there are places that you can assure yourself of getting to, and then there are places that are tricky to negotiate. Behind the 1 ball is tricky to negotiate, so then that would not be a good option. Near the 1 ball is easier to negotiate, but then you will leave your opponent options, possibly with either the 13,4,or 8 ball. Not only that but he will be closer to the balls, and will have a better chance of executing accurately. By positioning the cue ball 2-1/2 dia up from the head rail you will cut down his options, and make the hit more difficult.:cool:

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

I'll allow you to pick up the cueball and place it where you want it for your foul; where do you want it? I'll put it there for you and post it up.

Dennis
That's fair, thank you. Position the cue ball on the long rail 2-1/2 diamonds up from the head rail (frozen) on your side of the table. The same side the one ball is on, but on the other side of the side pocket.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
That's fair, thank you. Position the cue ball on the long rail 2-1/2 diamonds up from the head rail (frozen) on your side of the table. The same side the one ball is on, but on the other side of the side pocket.

Billy I.
Is this where you want it Bill? If so, I've spotted the 2 ball for your foul.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BALW4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK2PbGg4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hers another shot .straight from the telestraighter;)
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BALW4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK2PbGg4QdOx3jKIK3jUNJ2kbGg3kIUA4kMOl4kbxp4kUkg@[/CUETABLE]

a variation dicks shot

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Is this where you want it Bill? If so, I've spotted the 2 ball for your foul.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BALW4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK2PbGg4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

Yes, thank you.

From this position the shooter can make a mistake and leave some kind of a bank, or another shot for his opponent to improve his position. He cannot get agressive and shoot offensively, so the best he can do is try to play some sort of safety. Basically he's in a no win position, and can't win but can lose, if he's not efficient.

This is the type of a position that we strive to get into. Keeping your opponent on defense, with the urgency to perform, without the chance to win, or to improve his position.

It doesn't appear that he's in any immediate danger but if he doesn't perform he could be. If he escapes from this position chances are good that he'll have to do it again, and again.

Billy I.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Yes, thank you.

From this position the shooter can make a mistake and leave some kind of a bank, or another shot for his opponent to improve his position. He cannot get agressive and shoot offensively, so the best he can do is try to play some sort of safety. Basically he's in a no win position, and can't win but can lose, if he's not efficient.

Billy I.
I know this shot ain't no hanger but it's not that tough either, even frozen to the rail. If needed, I can always push-out behind the 10 ball and put the rock near the 11. Then the score is 2-3 and we're both on one foul.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BALW4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK2PbGg4QdOx3jKIK4jLxm4jbqC2jbIh2jQnj2jLIG2kbGg3kMEA3kTQl3kbIe1kMWk1kYML@[/CUETABLE]

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
hers another shot .straight from the telestraighter;)
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BALW4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK2PbGg4QdOx3jKIK3jUNJ2kbGg3kIUA4kMOl4kbxp4kUkg@[/CUETABLE]

a variation dicks shot

I have to leave for the day, after I leave get rid of the telestraighter and then try to escape. Count the number of times you succeed against the failures.:D

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I know this shot ain't no hanger but it's not that tough either, even frozen to the rail. If needed, I can always push-out behind the 10 ball and put the rock near the 11. Then the score is 2-3 and we're both on one foul.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BALW4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK2PbGg4QdOx3jKIK4jLxm4jbqC2jbIh2jQnj2jLIG2kbGg3kMEA3kTQl3kbIe1kMWk1kYML@[/CUETABLE]

Dennis, if that's your response to my shot you will still be in trouble. But if you fail to perform well you'll be in more trouble.:eek: Think about it.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:

But I did notice that you play well with the telestraighter too.

Billy I.

Skin

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Yes, thank you.

This is the type of a position that we strive to get into. Keeping your opponent on defense, with the urgency to perform, without the chance to win, or to improve his position.

It doesn't appear that he's in any immediate danger but if he doesn't perform he could be. If he escapes from this position chances are good that he'll have to do it again, and again.

Billy I.

Don't try leaving me there again! :D I have a single-minded purpose at this juncture in the game - move those balls away from your hole. If you're going to give me a chance to improve my position while I wait for a good opportunity, I will take it.

Skin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BALW4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK2PbGg4QdOx3UXkv3UTYl3UPMm2kbGg3kYqg3kYqg3kawc3kYBc@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Skin said:
Don't try leaving me there again! :D I have a single-minded purpose at this juncture in the game - move those balls away from your hole. If you're going to give me a chance to improve my position while I wait for a good opportunity, I will take it.

Skin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BALW4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK2PbGg4QdOx3UXkv3UTYl3UPMm2kbGg3kYqg3kYqg3kawc3kYBc@[/CUETABLE]
why move them if they dont go for him and they are blocking a banking lane:confused:

Skin

Verified Member
lll said:
why move them if they dont go for him and they are blocking a banking lane:confused:

Larry, this is a reply to vapros's (pocket A) intentional foul. I think that's what we're doing...:)

Skin

Deeman

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

Dennis,

How do you get the cue ball direction as seen off the 15 as it appears it would hit at about the first diamond on the side rail?

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
foul up against the 1 and five. I love it. You cn get by hitting it a little shortand getting a rail if you want.

It would take me all of 5 seconds to shoot it.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Deeman said:
Dennis,

How do you get the cue ball direction as seen off the 15 as it appears it would hit at about the first diamond on the side rail?
I wasn't wearing my glasses:D . This shot is very feasible. The cueball & the 15 can come out a foot and a half away from where I've put them and you're still O.K..

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
What we're doing is Billy Incardona's response to my post #61.

Larry, what we're doing is Billy Incardona's response to Dennis's post #61. ;)

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
But I did notice that you play well with the telestraighter too.

Billy I.
Billy,

If you noticed that, then I'm sure you noticed that I said I could also push back out behind the 10:) . I've spotted my 9 ball & we're both on one foul now and going backwards.
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BALW4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp4IALn4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK2PbGg4QdOx2kbGg4kbRc4kVMl4kSbX@[/CUETABLE]