Stupidity Scale 1-10

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I'm practicing and I throw a cluster of balls out and I'm faced with this. I make it so where my opponent has the pocket with all the balls near it. It's my shot.

I decide to shoot the 2 into the 9 and freeze on the 14 ball. I really didn't know what else to do, because I couldn't get any of his balls out and I didn't think I could make any of them and not sell out another. I was trying to reposition (®Cardone) the 1 and 9 or something near his pocket, but failed as I was more focused on the cueball.

Is this a pretty bad jam to be in?

What would you have done?

Where on the stupidity scale does my shot lie?:D

In my defense, I did almost freeze him on the 14, so I did execute my shot properly.

I am attaching 2 photos of the before and 2 photos of the after, so you have better views.

BEFORE
before.jpg
beforeb.jpg

After
aftera.jpg
afterb.jpg

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I like the shot but might have tried banking the 4 into the 12 and stopping the rock around the 6 ball so I get some strength on my side.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
If I was your opponent I would jack up and shoot into the 14 with left hand english having the balls combo over to my hole, might make one but if not the cue ball goes down table and safe.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Looks like you also might have had the 6-4 "split shot" as a desperation shot -- if you wanted to go circus :)

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/B/?@3AYOm4BfRG3CJso3DDtt3ENDd4FAcW4GfYm3HPcE3IatD3JHGr4KBns3LBUa3MTGu3NHvG3OCBQ4PWEp3UYOm3UcQy3XDtt3XapG4XIqM4aAcW4acxp3datD3dGjS4kWEp3kBaD3kBRJ3kFyr3kWjC3kXIS3kTYg2uCUA@[/CUETABLE]

thebaby

Verified Member
putting yourself into a bigger hole

putting yourself into a bigger hole

red ,after looking at your two pic,your on the other guys team right ,cuz you you might loose from that spot,cuz now if the other player decides to freeze you on the ten ball after hitting the six then what,i try to take away the possibility for the other player to put me in a trap in that spot.why not hit the ball on the bottom rail and make the one for him.is then the possibility of him trapping you becomes even more difficult ,does any body disagree.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
Smash the stuffin out of them. :)
Rod.

ROD<<<--------Likes to see the balls roll:p .

P.S. Rod,(not to hi-jack) I just got another new computer and I'm figuring out the e-mail. I did get your pics though and all I can say is DAMN:D .

image004.jpg

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
thebaby said:
red ,after looking at your two pic,your on the other guys team right ,cuz you you might loose from that spot,cuz now if the other player decides to freeze you on the ten ball after hitting the six then what,i try to take away the possibility for the other player to put me in a trap in that spot.why not hit the ball on the bottom rail and make the one for him.is then the possibility of him trapping you becomes even more difficult ,does any body disagree.

I kinda like that shot. Looks like you're gonna lose this game if you don't get a little lucky.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I like thebaby's shot, but if I'm feeling frisky I might play off the ball on the short rail and then hit the rail and then bump the 9 ball. The 1 ball does not seem to be inside the jaws. If the 9 were two inches farther from the pocket, I might be looking to knock both the 9 and 1 away.

This might be why I never get to play on TV.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
thebaby said:
If you can do that, that's positively the shot.

mosconiac

Verified Member
My simple-minded newb shot would be this...admittedly passive. Easy to control & shouldn't sell out a return shot on the 3/5 closest to the bottom rail.

EDIT: I didn't see the earlier post suggesting this shot. Sorry for the oversight.
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYOm3CJso3DDtt3ENDd4FAcW3HPcE3IatD3JHGr4KBns3LBUa3MTGu3NHvG3OCBQ4PWEp3UYOm3Ucpu4kWEp3kBUH3kUWm3kWCi3kYWS@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
ROD<<<--------Likes to see the balls roll:p .

As far as seeing them roll the 5-7 combo looks as if it might have a chance, but I'm drawing back to the end rail anyway (or as far as this old stroke will carry.)

Cowboy Dennis said:
P.S. Rod,(not to hi-jack) I just got another new computer and I'm figuring out the e-mail. I did get your pics though and all I can say is DAMN:D .

Dennis thanks for the note. If you have a new e-mail address, send it to me.
In your pic is that a little kid or a midget in front of the Movstar girl ? :)
Rod.

Skin

Verified Member
A shot that appeals to me is banking the 11 just short of pocket speed and bringing the cb back around to the first diamond below the top hole on my side. If I get the 11 very close he has a tough decision to make, even if he has a shot at his hole from there.

Skin

Last edited: