Thank to Steve and the One Pocket.org members

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I would like to thank everyone for sponsoring me this year. This was not a good Derby for me. I could have had an easier draw then the 2 matches I got but that goes with the territory. My match with Shannon Murphy I think might have been the match of the tournament and Im not being biased about it. First game I run 6 and after some safe exchanges he banks a ball 3 rails through 2 balls and runs 8 and out. 2nd game he run 8 and out. 3rd game he needs 2 balls and I run 8 and out. 4th game he needs 2 balls and I run 8 and out. Last game came down to last ball and we went back and forth for 20 minutes on that ball. He went for a rail up and down and the object ball came to rest in the worst possible position by his side pocket. I had to make it and give him a bank or a back cut on the ball on the spot. Because he banks unbelievable I chose the back cut because he could scratch on the shot. Well he made it. Only got in a couple of matches and they didn't turn out well either. Wednesday night I was getting ready to play a $ 3000 match when I got a call from home and had to leave immediately. Drove 16 hours straight home. When shit goes bad it really goes bad. I have a lot on my plate right now and it is definitely affecting my game..... Once again thanks to Steve and the members who supported me, I really appreciated the opportunity.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I sweated the whole match and I have to agree that it was fantastic! The last ball for 20 minutes and one good move after the next was so great. I was saying that I wish that match had been taped. It was nice meeting you Rob. Hope everything worked out ok at home. Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
robert
i know you gave your all so you represented us well
i hope whatever the emergency was turns out for the best

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
robert
i know you gave your all so you represented us well
i hope whatever the emergency was turns out for the best

Ditto -- first priority is health and family, but I watched a good bit of your matches and you were no slouch in either loss.

Like Mitch said, your match with Shannon Murphy was a thing of beauty, unfortunately the last ball trickled into Shannon's hole after a good twenty minutes of "One Ball One Pocket" that was masterfully played. Shannon obviously liked the two rail up and down shot because he played it at least twice in that last 20, and did not really come that close either time, but his speed was good to leave the object ball by the side pocket every time.

Alexonepockettrickshots

Verified Member
I would like to thank everyone for sponsoring me this year. This was not a good Derby for me. I could have had an easier draw then the 2 matches I got but that goes with the territory. My match with Shannon Murphy I think might have been the match of the tournament and Im not being biased about it. First game I run 6 and after some safe exchanges he banks a ball 3 rails through 2 balls and runs 8 and out. 2nd game he run 8 and out. 3rd game he needs 2 balls and I run 8 and out. 4th game he needs 2 balls and I run 8 and out. Last game came down to last ball and we went back and forth for 20 minutes on that ball. He went for a rail up and down and the object ball came to rest in the worst possible position by his side pocket. I had to make it and give him a bank or a back cut on the ball on the spot. Because he banks unbelievable I chose the back cut because he could scratch on the shot. Well he made it. Only got in a couple of matches and they didn't turn out well either. Wednesday night I was getting ready to play a $ 3000 match when I got a call from home and had to leave immediately. Drove 16 hours straight home. When shit goes bad it really goes bad. I have a lot on my plate right now and it is definitely affecting my game..... Once again thanks to Steve and the members who supported me, I really appreciated the opportunity.

wow you are really good :)

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Regardless....

Regardless....

.....of who wins,one can see where a player is at with respect to his overall game.Therefore there can be no doubt you were a good rep for this gang of guys here.Which means you won in our eyes and hopefully will do it again ASAP.Good luck with your ventures,James

onepockethacker

Verified Member
It was nice meeting a few new members like Mitch this year as well as seeing some members I already knew. I was honored to represent the site and sorry I didn't do better. If my head would have been right I know there is not a doubt in my mind I would have done better. My personal highlight was having dinner with Billy I. and Freddy. They are both legends and for 2 hours we laughed our asses off and I could listen to their stories forever. As much as I bust both their balls sometimes they both are 2 of the most knowledgeable players alive. Those 2 hours really took my mind off my problems that got worse half way through the Derby. So thank you Billy and Freddy you guys are some real good medicine for certain problems.
P.S. To give you a hint of where my head was at..in one of the gambling matches I got into I fired a perfect 2 railer.. TOWARD MY OPPONENTS HOLE!!.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It was nice meeting a few new members like Mitch this year as well as seeing some members I already knew. I was honored to represent the site and sorry I didn't do better. If my head would have been right I know there is not a doubt in my mind I would have done better. My personal highlight was having dinner with Billy I. and Freddy. They are both legends and for 2 hours we laughed our asses off and I could listen to their stories forever. As much as I bust both their balls sometimes they both are 2 of the most knowledgeable players alive. Those 2 hours really took my mind off my problems that got worse half way through the Derby. So thank you Billy and Freddy you guys are some real good medicine for certain problems.
P.S. To give you a hint of where my head was at..in one of the gambling matches I got into I fired a perfect 2 railer.. TOWARD MY OPPONENTS HOLE!!.:rolleyes:

Damn Hacker, you got to get it back together. You realize that you are still young and really the only hope Onepocket.org has to do damage in these 1pk tournaments. Tom W.,Billy I, me, John H, Ghost, Bernie, we have all seen our best days. Col Bille is still trying, so who knows there.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Damn Hacker, you got to get it back together. You realize that you are still young and really the only hope Onepocket.org has to do damage in these 1pk tournaments. Tom W.,Billy I, me, John H, Ghost, Bernie, we have all seen our best days. Col Bille is still trying, so who knows there.

Beard

You need to speak for yourself and not for others, however, I do understand how you feel about your game.:D If you know what I mean.

Bill Incardona

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Beard

I respectfully disagree. I'm not Rob's speed yet but I have grand plans :) I'm only four years into my one pocket career and can only get better (couldn't get worse lol)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Nice to see I got a rise out of a couple of members who disagree with my speed assessment. One guy, Mkbtank, Mitch, is still young enough to have hopes of future success, and I accede to him, another guy, Dr Bill, also begs to differ, when actually he is the epitome of the over-the-hill-gang. Maybe he is daydreaming that he is like Val Kilmer, who played Doc Holiday in Tombstone, when he said, "Not me, Johnny Ringo, I'm in my prime!":lol

Beard

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
keep trying

keep trying

I want to play until I can't make a ball... each year I go to derby, each year I feel like a guppy amongst sharks, yet each time I play a little better... i think if I ever stop working 60 or so hours a week, my game might improve a little more...or if I stop sustainment drinking that might help also... but I ain't giving up yet...

B

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Nice to see I got a rise out of a couple of members who disagree with my speed assessment. One guy, Mkbtank, Mitch, is still young enough to have hopes of future success, and I accede to him, another guy, Dr Bill, also begs to differ, when actually he is the epitome of the over-the-hill-gang. Maybe he is daydreaming that he is like Val Kilmer, who played Doc Holiday in Tombstone, when he said, "Not me, Johnny Ringo, I'm in my prime!":lol

Beard

Thanks Beard. I'm gonna go far because I have a long way to go :). I'll get there.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I want to play until I can't make a ball... each year I go to derby, each year I feel like a guppy amongst sharks, yet each time I play a little better... i think if I ever stop working 60 or so hours a week, my game might improve a little more...or if I stop sustainment drinking that might help also... but I ain't giving up yet...

B

but I ain't giving up yet....

is that the " sustainment drinking "????
just askin????....:D
jk bille but i couldnt help it
i agree if you spent 60 hours a week on your game instead of work everybody better WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:.............:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
You need to speak for yourself and not for others, however, I do understand how you feel about your game.:D If you know what I mean.

Bill Incardona

Most of us can remember, when we were in our late teens, 20's and 30's..We were all full of hope, and confidence !.. It was just a matter of how good we would eventually become, at the game we all loved !..Those were the best of times.

As we drift into our 40's and 50's..the seeds of doubt may sneak in..(even if we deny it)..If by our 60's, we haven't become a world beater yet, reality sets in and we are mature enough to realize, we probably aren't going to make it..By that time, the impenetrable wall (aging) will hit everyone..Vision, coordination, nerves etc., all will slip a notch or two !

Every generation can only have so many Mosconi's, Ronnie Allen's, Buddy Hall's, Earl's, Efren's, or SVB's (and its usually only ONE or TWO, per generation)
To the youngsters among us, I say, play your heart out, bet your ass off, keep your nose clean, and be the best that YOU can be !..If you can do that, you WILL be a champion to your family and friend's..That is a more satisfying feeling than you can ever believe..:)

SJD

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Beard
No, i'm not in my prime but I am going to make a come back, I can feel it in my spirit. I'm only 70 years old and that's not that old, ask all my adversaries. They must know something...yes, and i'm starting to believe them.:D My foot is feeling better (ice and elevation) and my arthritic hand is feeling better. (celebrex) I have most of the solutions for what ales me and my mind is still sharp. I think.:D

Bill Incardona

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

B

Being mule-headed is an actual prerequisite to being a good pool player. Dont stop now. Take Cardone for example. There aint been many in history more mule-headed than him. He aint quit. Maybe there is even hope for him, although I havent received any jelly from him in a long, long time.

Beard

I'm still trying and I'm fukin ancient.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
but I ain't giving up yet....

is that the " sustainment drinking "????
just askin????....:D
jk bille but i couldnt help it
i agree if you spent 60 hours a week on your game instead of work everybody better WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:.............:)

the miller boys at dcc (bille, dave, dustin) could give any other trio 9-7 and the breaks in sustainment drinking....:eek::lol