Lost legs

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
After returning from a nice trip to Yosemite and the big trees, the Sequoias, I had a few messages from people that wanted to play. Now normally these guys don't like it when I walk into a room and they are there but NOW they are calling me to play?
It's my legs. I don't have the firepower any more. No stamina to get into a groove. The idea of even playing for more than a few minutes doesn't appeal anymore.
This is bad.
Live, breath, eat, sleep pool has been a part of my life for just a few years. And now, not even the urge to go is a time I thought would never happen. After all, they named a state after me.
And it has happened fast.
When I was streaming the West Coast one pocket last summer, I was still playing until the wee hours and then to go to this? Ship happens.:lol:lol:lol

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
After returning from a nice trip to Yosemite and the big trees, the Sequoias, I had a few messages from people that wanted to play. Now normally these guys don't like it when I walk into a room and they are there but NOW they are calling me to play?
It's my legs. I don't have the firepower any more. No stamina to get into a groove. The idea of even playing for more than a few minutes doesn't appeal anymore.
This is bad.
Live, breath, eat, sleep pool has been a part of my life for just a few years. And now, not even the urge to go is a time I thought would never happen. After all, they named a state after me.
When I was streaming the West Coast one pocket last summer, I was still playing until the wee hours and then to go to this? Ship happens.:lol:lol:lol

Welcome to the club. I've been booking nothing but loses. I'll play lights out, then miss everything. I feel like a yoyo.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
This is bad.

Been that way going on 4 years now Bill...Haven't hit a ball for about 3...All I do now, is sit at the bar, and fire at the young girl's...Don't know what I'd do, if I ever snagged one !..Be just my luck she'd want action on Bingo night ! :eek: :frus

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Yep, at times its hard to work it when the other half decides to not go along and he's the framework. Oh well lower the bet, or shorten the races, but if your old school you'll do something that limits table time or?

What I hate is when I lose in a similar fashion, Now this person thinks they are playing goooooood, and then they go off shortly thereafter and when ya do want to play em again they are emptied out :frus.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
This is bad.

See a doctor, sounds like a health problem.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Brain Dead

Brain Dead

My legs are ok, the brain is going. Sometimes I just play well enough to think it is coming back. This is usually right before I go brain dead.

I am taking a little break, maybe playing once a week and in the once a month one pocket tournament at Hard Times. A year ago I was finishing in the top three or four regularly, but now I am losing twice in three or four matches.

It is not going any better gambling either. I turned down 9/7 Saturday after the tournament and went in with a friend playing the same guy with a good game. Went off there too.

Maybe the Ghost has been sticking needles in my doll after being mean to him on the forum here. There you are! Blame it on the Ghost.:eek:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
My legs are ok, the brain is going. Sometimes I just play well enough to think it is coming back. This is usually right before I go brain dead.

I am taking a little break, maybe playing once a week and in the once a month one pocket tournament at Hard Times. A year ago I was finishing in the top three or four regularly, but now I am losing twice in three or four matches.

It is not going any better gambling either. I turned down 9/7 Saturday after the tournament and went in with a friend playing the same guy with a good game. Went off there too.

Maybe the Ghost has been sticking needles in my doll after being mean to him on the forum here. There you are! Blame it on the Ghost.:eek:

Nope, its the Hat, the weight on your head compresses your spine and cuts off Blood Flow to the brain, that's all. :lol

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Were all.....

Were all.....

....feeling the same things now at age 60-70....whatever,eyes,legs,head,etc.,etc.,time to adjust.I would recommend 3-cushion as when you miss a shot you still feel good when it comes close on a hard one like a 7 rail backup or a double the rail or.......you get the picture.I know,I know,the availability is terrible around town and to put one in at home is tough also.So its a rock and a hard place you say?Welcome to the Golden Years,cheers,James

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
BEard[/QUOTE]

If I thought you would play, I would be there. Who going to give me a ride from the room to the table?:eek:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
BEard[/QUOTE]

I don't know Beard, who is going to referee? Is there a three knockdown rule? Can we bring any Kentucky tooth pickers? Maybe a Chicago one?

Attachments

• Photo on 10-20-13 at 3.43 PM.jpg
    Photo on 10-20-13 at 3.43 PM.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 0