you both need one

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Oh, I have seen this match. There is a great line in there, something about Sigel saying "I already have my bags packed" as play for the day began (since it was a one pocket tournament).

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Depending on how hard you kick or skim that object ball you leave a 1,2,or 3 rail bank.

If you send the QB back around the table and leave the object ball somewhat close to the top right corner, you at least leave 8 feet of green to deal with.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
here's how i shoot this one, i've had great success.

Half ball hit, low right. QB goes three or four rails and ends up close to the corner where the OB ball was. OB ball goes two or three rails and ends up around the top right corner.

IMHO, this is the correct shot, very simple solution!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I thought for sure that someone would bring up Efren's shot, where he banks the OB off the short rail near the pocket, then off the far point, and back to his hole.:eek: He uses low english to bring whitey up table.

I've shot that one in practice, but never had the courage to use it in an actual game. But of course Efren can do anything, right?

All the suggested shots are good. I kinda like JTom's shot. It lets a guy take a full stroke.

Doc

Mike

Verified Member
I thought for sure that someone would bring up Efren's shot, where he banks the OB off the short rail near the pocket, then off the far point, and back to his hole.:eek: He uses low english to bring whitey up table.

I've shot that one in practice, but never had the courage to use it in an actual game. But of course Efren can do anything, right?

All the suggested shots are good. I kinda like JTom's shot. It lets a guy take a full stroke.

Doc

That's the shot I was referring to.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
this is what mike shot
i edited the prior post
View attachment 9111

I'm sure he didn't kick it like he wanted to. The kick should have been to hit the object ball full so that the cue ball would have stayed near the short rail with the object ball going to about the third diamond. He let the cue ball get away from him.
On Billy Stroud's shot I think the cue ball is to close to the rail for it to easily work. I would be afraid of the kiss.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm sure he didn't kick it like he wanted to. The kick should have been to hit the object ball full so that the cue ball would have stayed near the short rail with the object ball going to about the third diamond. He let the cue ball get away from him.
On Billy Stroud's shot I think the cue ball is to close to the rail for it to easily work. I would be afraid of the kiss.

I agree, I would be afraid to shoot Stroud's shot in fear of the kiss factor. Too much going on (traffic) in such a confined area, I like Jim's shot much better especially if the cue ball was positioned a little lower which would then allow the shot to be played with more control and also assuring that you get the length off the first rail to comfortably swing around the table.

I liked the kick shot that the shooter shot best but it was struck too hard and because of that he ran the risk of giving up a two rail shot to the opponents pocket as a return shot. However, that shot has to be hit accurately to get the results needed.

Bill Incardona