I made this...

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I saw John Zacksas make this in a 9-ball game at Red Shoes. I made it years ago in an 8-ball game against my brother in his basement. It was on a bar box

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Yes, that was it. It was pretty cool to see it Z across back and forth on opposite sides of the side pockets :D

I showed that shot to a guy a few months ago (in a game). He's in his 60's(and I believe he's from Chicago, he loved Bugs) and the only game he and his friends play is Bankpool. He had never seen the shot in his life:eek:. I showed him the 3-railer after that.

Good shot Steve. It's not easy to make when it just pops up in a game and you have to compensate for angles or speed.

Dennis

piggybank04

Verified Member
i love these z banks and have shot variations of them for years......i saw larry nevel make a long rail variation of this--it was like science fiction, im telling you....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
i love these z banks and have shot variations of them for years......i saw larry nevel make a long rail variation of this--it was like science fiction, im telling you....
I have had no success with the long rail versions. For that matter, the short rail versions into the corner pockets have also eluded me, but I am pretty good at the two and three-railers cross side (of this type of reversing bank). Usually, the object ball is going back and forth to the same side of the side pockets, though -- this was a first for me to realize I could make it zig-zagging back and forth on opposite sides of the side pockets. Afterwards I set it up and showed somebody else, and it also went first try, so at least on that particular table, it was not a fluke, lol.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I have had no success with the long rail versions. For that matter, the short rail versions into the corner pockets have also eluded me, but I am pretty good at the two and three-railers cross side (of this type of reversing bank). Usually, the object ball is going back and forth to the same side of the side pockets, though -- this was a first for me to realize I could make it zig-zagging back and forth on opposite sides of the side pockets. Afterwards I set it up and showed somebody else, and it also went first try, so at least on that particular table, it was not a fluke, lol.

John Schmidt feels so good about this shot he says he'll shoot it in straight pool.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
It's not a bad shot to shoot when you're playing nineball, you're on the eight and dead straight in the side with no angle to get on the nine which lays on the middle diamond of the end rail. You can't follow with English and come down; you can't draw with English and get on it; and you can't swing the cue ball around three rails because the table is too slow and the eight is going to obsorb so much of the force of the shot. What do you do? Play the Z bank! For sure! That gives you the angle you need to get on the nine real sweet.

As "The Great One" would say; "Oh, How sweet it is!" Think what it would do to your opponent for him to see you pull that shot off. :D

Tom

backplaying

Verified Member

I seen Richy Rich make the long rail one on Chris Bartrum at Tunica. The ball was a few inches from the right corner pocket and he played it back two rails into the same pocket is was at. James Roberts was sitting beside me and said it was the best bank he had ever seen under the heat.

piggybank04

Verified Member
ive made that before and seen other guys do it, the bank i saw nevel do, ive never seen anybody do...... i suppose there might be one or two guys that could do it, but i dont know.....shawn putnam didnt even try it, he knew it wasnt there for him..... some of nevels shots are amazing--scary stuff......check out a you tube vid of him jacking up one handed against the rail and making a ball in the corner and drawing length of the table plus......it doesnt even look remotely hard for him......he does even more difficult shots than that......

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

I saw Shannon Daulton make one the long way -- three rails! -- at DCC in the Banks tournament a few years ago. He considered it two rails and then played it three. I had never seen anything like that before!!

piggybank04

Verified Member
I saw Shannon Daulton make one the long way -- three rails! -- at DCC in the Banks tournament a few years ago. He considered it two rails and then played it three. I had never seen anything like that before!!
thats the same bank nevel made i'll bet.....

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Yes, that was it. It was pretty cool to see it Z across back and forth on opposite sides of the side pockets :D

good shot!!

Bobby Cotton drills that shot in like its a hanger everytime. 2 rails, 3 ail, dont matter.....:frus:frus:frus My bank game has came a long way in the past couple years, however this shot still aint working for me.....yet. It will someday, dont see many kids make it there's been a few but most players have gray hair first:p

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA

Play Cotton some for 30 minutes and you'll see it more times than you want, LOL.