You vs. Him #6969

bstroud

Verified Member
I've been looking at this for awhile.

Can't tell exactly but it looks like you could shoot the 8 ball straight ahead into the right side of the 6 ball. If you hit it hard and force the cue ball to the side rail the 6 ball should clear out the 10 ball. The 8 ball might even clear out the 1? ball on the side rail.

If this shot is on it could steal the break.

Bill S.

senor

Verified Member
I like your shot Senor. Especially the first one, if laying right.

Another variation of that shot would be to draw the cue ball two rails up by the top left corner pocket, leaving your man straight in on the one and getting more action out of the ten and three. This shot tends to be more powerful on a real tough table though.

Also a very nice shot. Distance is your friend.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Hey Rob,
How 'bout jumping over the stack and kicking the ten-three-fourteen combo.
The cue ball will stick right there for the follow-up shots.

V. O. R. (Well, maybe not in this case.)

Tom

what does V.O.R. mean????:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
Something like this? Yep, the rock is a little high and close to the rail for great accuracy but the idea is valid. I didn't see the shot.

Muchas gracias for posting the layout Dennis. That's exactly what I was describing.

And for Androd, necessity is the mother of invention :D You put me in so many traps I had to try new ways to get out of them :frus

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Wait a second... after studying the stack.. the 2,4,7,14 combo billiard is DEAD!! Im out!! :)
P.S. play the cueball off the 6 ball and go behind the 10 ball, easy and simple to do and effective

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Providing the angle going into the 8ball to take out the 10ball is not available then Señor"s shot is the best option. However with Senor's shot you must be able to hit enough meat of the 3ball to get the action with the cue ball needed to execute the shot as drawn up by Dennis. The shot that Hacker proposed with shooting the 8ball into the 6ball to take out the 10 ball and go three rails around table under where the 10ball is,is great but doesn't look available the way he suggested. Lots of things needed to be controlled with his shot. However if playing the shot by just concentrating on the 3cushion angle off the 8ball and allow the 6ball to go wherever ...preferably toward the stack like Larry suggested...would be a better way of playing his option IMO.

Interesting position.

DR. Bill

senor

Verified Member
Senor,

Are we talking about the same Rod?:confused: The one I know would have us believe that he's the original hacker:p.

Dennis

Haha, Rod definitely knows how to win or lose the game with one shot. But he's also fairly adept at extending the game when it's practical ;)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm gonna move the 3 and the 10. I will hit the 3 in the face, driving it to the short rail and then into the 10. I think there is a real chance that I can move them both away from his pocket. If either goes in his pocket (most likely the 3) I can stand that. Protecting the 14 ball is not real high on my priorities.

I probably won't like my next shot, but with nothing near his pocket I can expect to survive another inning.

Very good Fish, you win a cookie:). This is what Robert Yates did when playing John Morra at the 2012 Tunica tourney.

robert yates's shot.jpg

He left Morra here:

ryates leave.jpg