Two highly recommended cuemakers...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Since it's the season of giving, I thought I'd give out some well deserved props to two cuemakers...

Brian Mordt/BCM cues - http://bcmcue.com/ ------>

Brian is a meticulous, top-notch cuemaker based in Arizona...he doesn't make fancy cues (personally, for my playing cue I don't care for fancy), but he uses beautiful woods, and his cues look and play superb.

I've owned and/or played with a lot of different cues, by a lot of very well known cuemakers over the years....that said...my primary playing cue now, and for the last several years, is a BCM cue - and I like how it feels, hits, plays, and is balanced, better than any other cue that I've owned or played with....and Brian is a real friendly, down-to-earth guy to talk to as well.

Chad Carter/Cartercustom cues - http://www.cartercustomcues.com/ ------>

Chad is another top notch cuemaker, as well as a top notch cue repairman, from down in Tennessee, and trust me on this - you will never meet a friendlier, fairer, more considerate guy to deal with than Chad....a lot of cuemakers want a deposit up front for work done :heh two years ago Chad made me a couple of shafts, and wouldn't even let me pay me for them after the work was done :eek: he just said: "I'll see you in a couple of months at the DCC, you can just pay me then"....and besides all that, Chad has the fairest prices around - he cherry-picked me two A+ 4.1 oz. (I needed that exact weight) shafts from his stock, and his price was by far the lowest out of six other cuemakers (wanted to see what different cuemakers were charging for shafts) that I got shaft prices from...

So any of you guys looking for a cue, or if you need some work done, trust the Ghost on this and check these guys out.

- Ghost

PS, And for you suspicious types...neither of these guys are kin to me, and I'm not getting any referral jelly from them either...:)

Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
ghost....that foster from canuck land with the piloted g10 pin you occasionally break out and play suckers with (like miller) hits a ton as well....

another good bulder is my buddy ken thiemann aka "q-ball". does business as qb cues....some chump named scott frost shoots with qball's sticks. i am currently having a couple shafts made from qball's primo shaft wood for the most beautiful wrapless cue i have ever seen (courtesy of fast lenny).

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
ghost....that foster from canuck land with the piloted g10 pin you occasionally break out and play suckers with (like miller) hits a ton as well....

Yeah Dustin, my Foster cue is a beauty, with a one of a kind ebony splice - I'll throw up a pic of it ----->

Attachments

• FOSTER 1.jpg
    FOSTER 1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
eat your heart out black boar

eat your heart out black boar

if my kid didn't "need" an xbox, iphone, etc. for xmas, this bad boy from qb cues would be in my cabinet

2012-07-29_14-00-49_207.jpg

2012-07-29_14-00-56_37.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Since it's the season of giving, I thought I'd give out some well deserved props to two cuemakers...

Brian Mordt/BCM cues - http://bcmcue.com/ ------>

Brian is a meticulous, top-notch cuemaker based in Arizona...he doesn't make fancy cues (personally, for my playing cue I don't care for fancy), but he uses beautiful woods, and his cues look and play superb.

I've owned and/or played with a lot of different cues, by a lot of very well known cuemakers over the years....that said...my primary playing cue now, and for the last several years, is a BCM cue - and I like how it feels, hits, plays, and is balanced, better than any other cue that I've owned or played with....and Brian is a real friendly, down-to-earth guy to talk to as well.

Chad Carter/Cartercustom cues - http://www.cartercustomcues.com/ ------>

Chad is another top notch cuemaker, as well as a top notch cue repairman, from down in Tennessee, and trust me on this - you will never meet a friendlier, fairer, more considerate guy to deal with than Chad....a lot of cuemakers want a deposit up front for work done :heh two years ago Chad made me a couple of shafts, and wouldn't even let me pay me for them after the work was done :eek: he just said: "I'll see you in a couple of months at the DCC, you can just pay me then"....and besides all that, Chad has the fairest prices around - he cherry-picked me two A+ 4.1 oz. (I needed that exact weight) shafts from his stock, and his price was by far the lowest out of six other cuemakers (wanted to see what different cuemakers were charging for shafts) that I got shaft prices from...

So any of you guys looking for a cue, or if you need some work done, trust the Ghost on this and check these guys out.

- Ghost

PS, And for you suspicious types...neither of these guys are kin to me, and I'm not getting any referral jelly from them either...:)

Bumpin' it up one time for these two guys...

Another thing to recommend Chad Carter...he works on all of Nick Varner's cues for Nick.

And as for Brian's top notch cue-building...here's pics of my BCM cue - the cue that I play with ------>

Attachments

• BCM CUE.jpg
    BCM CUE.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 0

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Bumpin' it up one time for these two guys...

Another thing to recommend Chad Carter...he works on all of Nick Varner's cues for Nick.

And as for Brian's top notch cue-building...here's pics of my BCM cue - the cue that I play with ------>

Looks very similar to the plain jane Cognoscenti. Any chance of winning it.:heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Looks very similar to the plain jane Cognoscenti.

Yeah, it look's pretty much like the Cog except for the pin and wrap...and trust me on this...

I've hit/played with many Cog's, and this BCM cue feels and plays better..:cool:...and Brian's price for this cue is exactly half the price of the corresponding Cog cue...:eek:

- Ghost