Ghost/hendy in chi town

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
still got $50 burning a hole in my pocket if anyone else is interested...
:)

I'm surprised you have any money left after the Giants victory. I am sending my money with John, but thanks for the offer. We (The Royal We) in Hawaii. If I was there I would take ALL the side action.:lol

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I'll take it on John..If they ever play..May not happen 'til DCC .:confused:

It will be after the Derby, Dick. I am not going this year. I moved in with the lady friend and am getting the house ready to rent/sell.

I still plan on a trip to Chicago, but do not know exactly when yet.

I figure there is 3k laying around waiting for me there whenever I need it.:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
It will be after the Derby, Dick. I am not going this year :eek:

I still plan on a trip to Chicago, but do not know exactly when yet.

All's I know is...when a guy cancels a match that he issued the challenge for..:rolleyes:...and then he's real hard to pin down re. rescheduling the match....all of this sure does keep reminding the Ghost of an old movie from the 60's starring Don Knotts...:heh :lol :p :p :lol ------>

Attachments

• GhostMrChicken.jpg
    GhostMrChicken.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
[Since this thread has died, I'll change topics with a clear conscience.]

Bill, I doubt that there is much 3C action in Phoenix.:) What is the 3C scene like in L.A. now? I think you told me that a place called Million Dollar Billiards in the Valley has billiards. Where else do they play? Tiff Payne's and Romy's are long gone.

I just now learned that Allen Gilbert (formally Gold) died in 2006 at age 77. I hadn't heard. I knew him fairly well in L.A. back in the late 60's. I'd see him at Tiff's quite often. I even kept the inning score for him once at Hollywood Billiards while he was playing a tournament (just for his average). He disputed my total! He had the most unusual slip, or drag, stroke I've ever seen. But what a powerful stroke he had on those old slow tables!

I also see that Frank Torres is alive and well, taking 3rd in the USBA Vegas event last year. He had just become a young phenom in L.A. when I was there. There was also a Jap guy named Yamaguchi, or something who was really on the move. Don't know whatever happened to him.

Doc

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Yep, Doc; my buddy Al has been gone for awhile, we used to travel Europe together for the World Cup Tournaments. There are many billiards rooms in the LA area, maybe over 300 tables.

The arrival of too many illegal aliens form Mexico and Asia have created more foreign billiard players in this country, many who reside in CA.

I have not been there since 1994, looking forward to seeing many old friends!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"