Southern classic banks

shw

Verified Member
bank update

the first round is just starting. over 150 players.... 163 i think. some first round matches.

Brando shuff v shannon murphy
Truman v jeremy sossei on the tv table
Darren appleton v ike runnels
Ellerman vs orculla

shw

Verified Member
Southern classic

Southern classic

The turnout is definitely lower than the derby. There are very few non-players in the audience. I doubt there were 30 people watching Appleton and ike on the tv table (appleton won 3-2). the room is not as crowded. still, 160 bankers, a bunch of strong ones, is a pretty big tourney.

So far, action is low-to-non-existant due to legal issues.

Tables seem a little looser than recent derbys.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I always thought the use of "Place" in terms of tournament finishers was listed incorrectly. The better word might be "Ranking".

For example, Fred is listed as placing 16th. But in actual fact he finished tied for 8th place, with 10 other guys. 11th "place" would actually be ties for 7th place.

True, 15 other guys did better in the tournament than did Fred, so his ranking would be tied at 16 with 10 other guys. And all the guys listed at 11th place did equally as well as one another; and all those at 16th place did equally as well, etc.

This also holds true with the normal double elimination format. For example, 7th/8th "place" would actually be two tied at 6th place, and the like.

When I finish 9th-12th in a tournament, I much prefer thinking that I tied at 7th place...;)

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I usually just look at the prize $ column and forget all the other unnecessary confusion. How much was the entry by the way??

tylerdurden

Verified Member
With so many of the players being very serious/good ones at this event, I wonder how it would have fared if they bumped that up to 500 or something close?