and why i picked this layout
stay tuned
:)
last chance to speak now or forever hold your piece:D

tylerdurden

Verified Member
imo the mindset should be to choose a shot not to lose with

Dr. Bill

This is what I strongly agree with in this spot (and ones like it = pretty open table and need one). Dont lose, because he probably wont have you in a tough spot your next shot and you can do some good.

Ok Larry, after all that, show us how efren knocked the 1 in like it was a hanger :) (I really dont think he will shoot that is the truth though, he don't like to lose :))

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
ill post the shot in the am when i get to my work computer
12-14 hours to post time
ill explain then the shot
the comments of the commentators
and why i picked this layout
stay tuned
:)
last chance to speak now or forever hold your piece:D

I guess I'll just have to get the DVD out and watch it, I'm dying to see the shot:p. Maybe if I didn't drink so much I'd remember what Effie shot:frus.

RBL

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I just have to say again, if efrin doesnt take the 4 ball out of play he will be making a mistake. Leave the cue ball on the bottom rail!

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I would play off the left side of the 4 ball hitting it thick enough to move it up table and out of play and i would use low ball to leave the cue ball on the bottom rail. At 7-0 I cant see leaving the 4 ball down table, Shane shoots so well I think you have to protect your leave. Keith

I'm with you. I didn't see this post the first time I read the thread. I also feel that 4 can turn into a very dangerous ball for efren, as shane could potentially lock him back there later -- it is really a deceptively placed ball in that i feel it is a better spot for shane to have that there -- he can get on it if hes running out, and he can potentially lock efren up behind it.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
From what I remember, Efren shot the one and Shane ran out eight either on the next turn or thereafter. He made it look easy.:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Did you honestly think that I didnt consider the 15 ball? Of course it is the most dangerous ball out there. But I dont see a way to reposition it safely.

Maybe we can make believe that there is no 1 ball that Shane can bank into the stack, that concerns me/dissuades me also, when it comes to the choice of 2-railing the 15ball - like for instance what if the 15 goes 2 rails and nips the 1ball down further, and then falls into the side pocket - not good opening everything up, and maybe get a favorable roll, or some good options where Efren wont be able to defend against all of them.

Beard

I'll finally chime in....First of all, knowing Efren's game/style - he probably banked the 1 ball - and probably made it if he did bank it...

As for me, like Freddy, Billy, sappo, tyler, etc. I'm properly playing the score here - looking for a lockdown safety and like Freddy, I'm wanting to leave monster-Shane nothing...

That said, I see a few shots that haven't been mentioned......as for addressing the 15 ball - Freddy said, which I bolded above: "I dont see a way to reposition it safely"....I would just cross-bank the 15, loaded with right english, sending it straight across to my long rail, and leaving the cueball on his long rail one diamond to the left of the side pocket - the angle is perfect for that shot, and Shane has nothing from there - he'll have no angle with which to bank the 1 into the stack, and he can't see the 4 - or you can cross the 15 and bring the cueball all the way back down to the foot rail - that's a safe spot also, the 4 doesn't bank cross-corner from there...

Another shot I like, a simple shot, (but you have to know that the table rolls straight) is to roll softly up straight on top of the middle of the 4ball, nudging it to the rail, and leaving Shane totally jacked - he will be able to do nothing from there - and actually, he'll also be in a trap - he'll have a tough time finding a safety from there...that's a shot I often employ, leaving a guy totally jacked like that - doesn't matter who they are, or how straight they shoot if they're left jacked like that...

One more good shot, if it's laying natural enough - and it looks like it might be from Larry's aerial pic, is a shot that allows you to do some cleaning up right now, instead of later...the shot is shooting the 9ball dead-straight ahead, medium-hard, with a stun stroke stunning the cueball about 6-10 inches forward, or ideally all the way to the long rail if the scratch angle is not there - the 9 hits the 8 with about a half ball hit, sending the 9ball two rails and gone - the 8 hits the 5ball cross-side to your side of the table - and the 8 sticks somewhere's around where it hits the 5.

- Ghost

PS, btw Tyler...your shot of softly banking the 4ball up the long rail, halfway to the 1ball, is also a very good shot that I like here.

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
And larry, I dont mean to steal the thunder of posting the shot selection, but i'd be very curious to see what shane shot to leave this position later in the thread. This is a pretty awkward position (for now anyway). From the little that I have seen of his game, it seems svb has great judgement at the table from what i have seen.

And ghost, on that option about rolling on the 4... i do see the value in that, the cb is a little too far from the 4 for me though. That table may be rolling true though, hard to say unless you are playing.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
And larry, I dont mean to steal the thunder of posting the shot selection, but i'd be very curious to see what shane shot to leave this position later in the thread.

To save Larry the time I will tell you. SVB banked the 15 ball straight-back and played shapes on the 9 ball if he made the 15.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well efren decided to 2 rail the 15 and leave the cue ball down by the right upper corner pocket area
ee5.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I feel compelled to jump in and give miller his cookie, not that he needs my help. Nice call. I'm really not crazy about leaving the cb up there, I do agree that 15 was going to be a pain though. There was a rumor that shane won this game... mighty interesting. Good thread, I have enjoyed it.

its not over yet tyler
would like comments on the leave and of course what would you do from here?
there is a reason for going to the end on this one
;)

tylerdurden

Verified Member
its not over yet tyler
would like comments on the leave and of course what would you do from here?
there is a reason for going to the end on this one
;)

Well, from here I really like banking that one, and im much more interested in leaving him jacked up on that 15 in case he gets a bank. So that is my shot from here. It looks like it lays real good. 4 blocks his hole anyway, but that dont mean he cant make one. Jack him up for sure if i can.

On that leave... i would not have put him down there, so i dont like it.... but i'm just repeating :( I liked leaving him near that 4, then he would have put me uptable and i would have shot the 5 away or something, and game over :D