Larry Price Passing?

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Someone at AZ posted Larry Price passed away yesterday of a Heart Attack. Anyone know if this in fact true? I know he had health issues in the past.

JAM

Verified Member
Larry Price is the last of a dying breed. He was a true action player, loved to go on the road, and the whole 9 yards.

When I first met Keith, Keith was staying at a dump hotel, the Regal Inn, right next to Shooters pool room in Baltimore. The Capital City Classic had just ended, and some of the pool players hung around Baltimore at Shooters to get in action. Helena and Monica were there. Marcus Chamut and Mark Gregory were driving around in a big old Lincoln. It was ACTION JACKSON that week.

Most of the time, Keith would be up all night long gambling, and sleep all day long to prepare for the evening's festivities. One afternoon, I was in the pool room and somebody came up to me and said, "Hurry up and go wake Keith. Get him over here. There's a road player looking to get played over on Table 14." Apparently, some players from D.C. brought Larry to Shooters to get played, and they were backing him with very deep pockets.

I ran next door to the Regal Inn and woke Keith up. It doesn't take Keith very long to roll out of bed, and he was over the pool room within minutes. No sooner did we walk in that Keith turned around and immediately exited the premises. I ran after him, "What the heck are you doing? Are you nuts? Get back in there. That guy's got a backer, and we can make a huge score here." Keith said that he recognized Larry Price and didn't want to knock him, so he didn't want to be in the pool room at all.

A few hours later, Ryan McCreesh came to Shooters and ended up playing Larry Price. It didn't end pretty for Ryan, unfortunately. I won't get into the details, but Ryan ended up running out of the pool room as fast as he could at the conclusion of their last game. :lol

RIP, Mr. Larry Price.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wow, I am very sorry to hear this. Larry has been on our ballot as a candidate for the Bank Pool HOF for the last couple years. He is a two-time DCC Banks champion. I have chatted with him at Derby City a few times, but did not ever get down for a real interview -- too late now :(

After his second DCC Banks title in 2008 I invited him to the One Pocket HOF dinner, and he clearly enjoyed seeing players like Donny Anderson that he had not seen for many years.

Larry acknowledges the crowd after dispatching Sylver Ochoa to win the 2008 DCC Banks title:

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Arguement

Arguement

There was some discussion at the local pool hall here. I suggested that Larry was in his early 50's and some thought as old as 60.

How old was Larry?

Thanks,

Ken

SnookerSandy

Verified Member
Larry Price was a fantastic player and seemed to me like a great guy. This is very sad news.... RIP Larry.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Obituary

Obituary

Copied from: http://www.register-herald.com/obituaries/x2029125600/Obituaries-Wednesday-March-14-2012

Larry Price

MULLENS — On Sunday, March 11, 2012, Larry Price, 60, of Mullens, went to be with his beloved wife Angie.

Larry was born January 13, 1952, at Paintsville, Ky., to the late Bill and Louella Price.

He was preceded in death by two brothers, Jimmy and Tommy Price, niece Lisa Hall, nephew Willie Milam Jr.; sister-in-law Becky Price and the love of his life, Angie Eidson.

Survivors include brother Johnny and wife Carol of Virginia, Billy “Hoppy” of Mullens, sister Phyllis Price of Illinois, sister Sue Dye of Mullens, sister-in-law Joyce Price of Virginia, Angie’s Parents Dewey and Phyllis Eidson of Georgia, many nieces and nephews and his beloved dog Missy.

Larry loved sports and was a great pool player. He leaves many friends and will be sadly missed.

Memorial service will be Sunday, March 18, at the Mullens Opportunity Council in Mullens from 2 to 4 p.m. Service will occur at 4 p.m.

In keeping with Larry’s wishes he will be cremated.

Arrangements by Blue Ridge Funeral Home, 5251 Robert C. Byrd Dr., Beckley.