True story

John Brumback

Verified Member
When I was about 19 or 20,I went on the road with this guy who was about 6ft 5 350lbs big man.Well we go In this poolroom In Cleveland,Oh.Well I didn't know It at the time but he's got a real bad temper,I mean a hothead! Well he gets a game playing this good player onepocket for like 200 a game,which was a pretty good bet at that time.They play back and forth a fews games and my guy hits a couple nice slow banks right Into his pockets but they rolled out and hung up and cost him a couple games.Now here's the bad part,
next game another one does It to him again.Guess what he does....Lays his cue down on the next table over then walks back to the table they just started a new game on leans over and picks the table up untill ALL OF THE BALLS rolled over to his side of the table!! Right In the middle of the game.Yep, thought for sure we were dead.Somehow we got out of there and as soon as I got the chance I got away from that guy.

Dumb story but thought I would share It with youins.Some might remember the guy.I think he was from up around those parts.I don't think I ever heard his last name,but they called him Big Brad and he fixed cues and tips and stuff like that,Drove a van.Good guy but what a hothead.Dang.John B.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
When their was only one after hours pool room in Houston.
T.J.Parker was playing Freddy Sessions one pocket on a 4x8 after T.J.'s room closed.
Freddy shot a bank that looked like it didn't have a chance but as it slowed down, it rolled around two balls and went in. After the game T.J.went to the rack end of the table and picked it up about 4 or 5 feet in the air and let it drop. He smiled and said I'll bet you don't know how it rolls now. :D
Rod.

John Brumback

Verified Member
androd said:
T.J.Parker was playing Freddy Sessions one pocket on a 4x8 after T.J.'s room closed.
Freddy shot a bank that looked like it didn't have a chance but as it slowed down, it rolled around two balls and went in. After the game T.J.went to the rack end of the table and picked it up about 4 or 5 feet in the air and let it drop. He smiled and said I'll bet you don't know how it rolls now. :D
Rod.

Hey little buddy,mines bigger..It was a 9fter!! LOL Gold crown by the way.haha John B.

JAM

Verified Member
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! That's hilarious. It's amazing you-all walked out of that joint without harm. Wow!

Keith played a guy down South in a bar, who he ended up beating. When it came time to get paid, the guy laid his cue down and ran head first into the wall, as fast as he could. It knocked him out. :eek:

Keith had to wait for the guy to come to, so he could get paid. :D

I think his name was "Tanglefoot" or "Tanglewood" or something like that. I'll have to review my pool file and see if I can dig it up. :p

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I was showing these guys this trick shot one time where you put all the balls in a line on the end rail, I said I will make all 15 balls without a cue. I pick up the gc from the side of the table and all the balls roll into the hole, the guys had a laugh at that but I am sure the room owner would not have been too happy. :eek:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy Sessions

Freddy Sessions

androd said:
Rod.

Freddy Sessions had a great life story. He was originally from New Orleans. He once escaped from a So Carolina chain gang. He had been sentenced to 30 years -- for being in someones room unasked after midnight -- tuff laws down there. I think he already did 5 years anyway. Later or before, I forgot which, he also escaped from a federal joint for a different beef. He stayed out for a long time before finally getting caught. The feds finally got him but they wouldnt send him back to So Car. They said 5yrs on that chain gang was punishment enough already. In the joint Freddy developed a taste for "bennies." He would inhale anywhere from 30 to 100, 2 mg white crosses a day. His best game was bank pool and we played often at the Congress Bowl in North Miami.

Beard